PDA

View Full Version : Where do I put ruleset stuff?

Answulf
January 16th, 2008, 03:46
OK, a friend is working on a True20 ruleset and sent me the files.

* There is a True20 folder with a ton of stuff in it - xml's for character sheets, etc.
* There are three .mod files (modules?) for the rulebooks.

I put the True20 folder in the Rulesets folder.
I put the .mod files in the module folder.

I can now select True20 as my ruleset, but the mods don't show up. Specifically, the little True20 rulebook is there but when I open it the library is empty. The modules do show up under the modules button though.

What am I doing wrong?

Griogre
January 16th, 2008, 04:58
You may not be doing anything wrong, he may have done it that way. I would talk to him. You are correct in putting the ruleset in the ruleset folder and the mods in the mod folder.

He may not have made the modules library modules. He may have just exported them. It does sound like he messed up the xml of the book that is suppose to be in the library, though, because why would it be there in the first place if it wasn't suppose to have something.

Answulf
January 16th, 2008, 05:31
You may not be doing anything wrong, he may have done it that way. I would talk to him. You are correct in putting the ruleset in the ruleset folder and the mods in the mod folder.

He may not have made the modules library modules. He may have just exported them. It does sound like he messed up the xml of the book that is suppose to be in the library, though, because why would it be there in the first place if it wasn't suppose to have something.

Thanks, I figured it out finally - it was user error on my part.