PDA

View Full Version : Want to Start Up D&D 3.5 [Weekends]

regularjoe
January 15th, 2008, 18:26
Ok, here's the deal.

After 20+ some odd years, I've rediscovered tabletop D&D. I'd like to get in a game but they seem kind of scarce so I'll take the initiative and attempt to DM. The caveat is I'm new so here's the skinny:

1. Games would be Friday night or Sat night. I'm on the east coast of the United States so all times I talk about will be relative to EST.
2. Core rules only to start. No Enlightened Fists, Ultimate Magi, Crusaders, etc. I'd like to get a feel for the basics first. Only exception is if I go with a COTS adventure that has some stuff built in - those additions are fair game.
3. Be willing to adjust. I'm new and will be looking to find what works best for me and the players involved. It might work best if you're new to D&D and Fantasy Grounds (platform is FGII btw) so we can all struggle together. :)

That's it. If you're interested, lmk. Looking for 4-6 regulars.

Malken
January 15th, 2008, 19:49
Sat nights would be good for me, I wouldnt be able to make fridays though.
Im also new to Fantasy Grounds, only played 3-4 sessions. Ive DM'ed tabletop though, so Im pretty familiar with rules.

Burious
January 16th, 2008, 01:24
I havent purchased FGII yet just because its so hard to find a game master. But if I'm in i can purchase it right away.

I'm 32, have been playing for about 15 years.

I've used fantasy grounds before but its been sometime and I'd like to get back into it.

Guess thats about it, hope to hear from you.

Ralph

regularjoe
January 16th, 2008, 01:45
That's two. So far, I hear Sat nights. If we can rally at least 2 more, we can try to give this a go.

iron~pen
January 16th, 2008, 02:51
I'm up for joining. I'm fairly new to using Fantasy Grounds and I'm still slightly new to 3.5, but since we're only using core that shouldn't be a problem.

Burious
January 16th, 2008, 14:18
I just rolled up a 1st level halfling monk. Sort of a recreation of an older character i played once.

Hoping we can start this saturday?

Malken
January 16th, 2008, 19:37
Yeah, Im good to start whenever =)...Point buy? Rolling in front of the GM?

regularjoe
January 16th, 2008, 19:48
Dice roll - 4d6 drop the lowest one. PM me your email.

Mansairaku
January 16th, 2008, 23:24
I'd like to join up. I haven't played in awhile; sounds like a good game to start back up.

beallzabill
January 17th, 2008, 01:50
I'm interested if the day/time workout. Like some of you, I've been away from the game a long time, although I recently started playing in some play-by-posts on the Paizo site. Although it has been about twenty years since I sat at a table a played, I do have a good grasp of the current rules. I've tinkered with FG a bit, and learning with others sounds great.

But for me, it'll depend on the time. The earliest I could do would be 9pm, maybe even 8pm, since I have a little one. If you go with weekends, it'll be hit & miss, week by week for me. I've been hoping for a weeknight game, but otherwise, this sounds like what I've been looking for.

BTW - I don't know if you're planning on running a premade adventure, but Paizo, who was the last publisher of Dragon & Dungeon magazines, has some pretty cool stuff, including mutliple-module adventure paths.

Malken
January 20th, 2008, 02:04
Is it a go today?

Mansairaku
January 20th, 2008, 03:29
It doesn't appear so...maybe next week?

Necrosaro
January 21st, 2008, 02:43
You can count me in, i just bought the lite version tonight, and have a nearly complete character ready to go, i just need to know the really specific stuff like starting equip/monies and all that, then i can put the finishing touches on him.

Dareus
January 21st, 2008, 04:14
If your still looking for folks, let me know!

xaotik1
January 29th, 2008, 01:58
Having a number of issues with my weekend games falling through the cracks on my DMs schedule. I'm hoping that you still have a slot open and wouldn't mind me filling in if at all possible. I've played in a number of games using FG, so I can get up and running in no time flat if you need me to.

Stealthfox16
January 31st, 2008, 23:50
I am completely free on Saturdays. May I join?

aBhoRTioN
February 8th, 2008, 03:06
I'm totally new to FG, but I've been playing D&D 3.5 for a while now. Been trying to find a game on here, and Saturday nights would be perfect for me. Is there still room or are the slots full?