PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a solution for voice comms to only one person?

Rylan Storm
April 13th, 2023, 10:47
I'm using Zoom to talk for video and voice comms for my group.
I use AIMP to push audio through Discord. We have a dedicated channel where only I can talk. The input needs to be VBCable and not my microphone.

I'm in a situation where one of my party is being spoken to in mental whispers from a cursed object. I want to be able to chat to him directly in a way the other party cannot hear. Ideally, I'd like to be able to do this without alerting that person that only they can hear the conversation but I accept this might be unlikely.

Any suggestions?

Marquis_de_Taigeis
April 13th, 2023, 12:24
does the messages have to be spoken, you could right click on there portrait and whisper the message via text

Rylan Storm
April 13th, 2023, 12:33
I'm whispering already.

Would be nice to do voice.

anstett
April 13th, 2023, 12:39
If you are an admin you can set your self up to deafen or mute others.

So you would have to click through and deafen everyone, undo the one person to talk to only them, then undo the rest to continue.

They would spot what is going on if they are looking at the Discord channel but if they are focused on FG for their window you could get away with it for a while I would guess.

One alternative could be to pre-record those pieces and send them as a file for the player to listen to in a separate channel. It would be a lot of extra work for not sure how much payout.

mhossom
April 13th, 2023, 23:22
I use Discord for voice during my games. I just created a separate voice channel called GM Corner. If I need to describe something to one or a subset of my players I asked them to join me in GM Corner. I has been working out REALLY well.

LordEntrails
April 14th, 2023, 20:28
I use a Discord channel like mhosson does. Doesn't solve your desire for secrecy though.

wndrngdru
April 15th, 2023, 01:49
It's been a while since I've used it, but I seem to recall Teamspeak being able to do this.

JohnD
April 15th, 2023, 14:58
DM Sidebar channel... but it is obvious when you and the other player are switching back and forth.

seycyrus
April 15th, 2023, 21:25
It's been a while since I've used it, but I seem to recall Teamspeak being able to do this.

Yes, Teamspeak does this quite easily. Can set a hotkey for secret voice whispers to each player.