PDA

View Full Version : Item/spell links in FG chat

KestrelKitezh
April 6th, 2023, 23:44
Hey

We recently started a new campaign with a bunch of rl friends, and some of them are totally new to dnd and FGU in general. I'm wondering if its possible to add so I, and others that are more into FG are able to link items or spells in the chat?

F.ex, our rogue wondered if hide armor was better than his leather armor. I had the item list up already since I was checking the price on something else, and I tried dragging the hide armor "shield" to the chat, so he could click on it to see the item so he could learn from it, but it said I didn't own it (I think?), so it couldn't be posted. This would be really convenient, at least for standard items and spells for newer players, and they don't have to alt tab to the web browser and check 3rd party sites like dndbeyond etc.

Any particular reasons why this is like this, and is it possible to change it in the settings we have?

- The monk that broke his ankle kicking up the door which opened inwards....

Griogre
April 7th, 2023, 00:13
Usually the DM owns the books so he's the one who needs to share.

However if you really think this would be helpful there is a free extension on the forge called "Sharing is Caring" that you might ask the DM to use, but it is for D&D 5E only. Here's the link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/549/view

KestrelKitezh
April 7th, 2023, 02:52
Thanks, this is perfect I guess since we're on 5e atm. I still don't quite understand why this isn't default in FG though. Would make it much easier for newer players

damned
April 7th, 2023, 02:55
Yes that is why I made Sharing is Caring teh GM can share records but the GM then has to go look for a record to share, while the player already has the record. If there is ever a question as to whether its the right spell, or does it work that way, etc the player shares it to chat, we can all read it and weigh in and then make a decision.

KestrelKitezh
April 7th, 2023, 09:06
This is why I love modders. I'll try this out the next session. Big <3