PDA

View Full Version : GPU/CPU use?

R-v-n
April 6th, 2023, 10:39
I don't know if this particular issue has been fixed, but I have similar problem right now, in alt-tab FGU eats A LOT of GPU and some of CPU as well. Most of time GPU is on 28-40% but in can spike to 60 and even more at times

What is like when focus is on FGU campaign window:

And it's with FGU in background:

*i has nvidia 2070S b rizen 3700x

Trenloe
April 6th, 2023, 10:57
I've moved your post to a new thread as the post wasn't exactly the same as the original thread posted in. Please only post in threads where your issue is 100% the same. It's OK to start your own thread - it's preferred for House of Healing questions/issues.

FGU uses a 3D gaming engine (Unity) so it's not unexpected that it will use the GPU when active. However, there are cases when graphics setups can run FGU at higher than needed FPS rates. See this Wiki article for details and possible solutions: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1638006786/Reducing+GPU+Usage

R-v-n
April 6th, 2023, 11:20
Now I feel stupid: I didn't change anything, just double-checked the settings in the NVidia Control Panel (on and off vsync and background fps limit again) and restarted FG. And now it's 5% in the background. What's up with that..

Anyway, thanks. I hope the spikes won't return

Moon Wizard
April 6th, 2023, 17:31
There is an option to override application frame rates in the NVidia control panel to force maximum frame rates. Make sure that option is either off, or disabled for FG.

Regards,
JPG