PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for building a new character

Alex Verus
April 5th, 2023, 02:58
Hi i used to play a few years back and i was learning I would like to get back into the game what would be a good build to go with? i have played a fighter and as a rogue i would like to try something more challenging. Thanks for your help!!

Bonkon
April 5th, 2023, 19:01
Good Day Alex Verus :)
Welcome to the forums :)
Different people find different things challenging. Find what you think is a fun idea and work it into your character. Might be a wizard who loves to get in close and personal in combat, a cleric who does not like to heal unless absolutely necessary, a rogue who is against stealing things... Whatever you find fun. :)

LordEntrails
April 5th, 2023, 20:13
I'm getting ready to start playing in an Eberron campaign, very tempted to play a warforged artificer name Toni who paints himself red and gold and is trying to figure out a way to fly.

But as Bonkon says, what sounds interesting to you? 5E is pretty good in that in most groups you do not need to worry about optimizing your character for combat, so you can be pretty creative.

Maybe a half-orc fighter who always does what he's told, but never in the way most would expect. Or a what about a dwarf cleric who splashes ale on everything/one that he blesses? (Even when not using the spell).

Do you have a favorite character from a game, book or movie? Take that character and twist or alter something about them. Give them a "schtick" or personality trait that is different.