PDA

View Full Version : Auto-rolling backlash tables

CassMerry
April 3rd, 2023, 18:33
Is there anything in SWADE that lets you auto-roll on a backlash table for fumbled power rolls? Seems like something that'd be in by default for things wile Weird Science but I can't seem to find anything to make it happen

Jiminimonka
April 3rd, 2023, 21:01
Is there anything in SWADE that lets you auto-roll on a backlash table for fumbled power rolls? Seems like something that'd be in by default for things wile Weird Science but I can't seem to find anything to make it happen

No there is nothing like that. Maybe an extension could be written to do it or you could add it on the SWADE Wish List here https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com

Doswelk
April 4th, 2023, 17:21
Most Arcane backgrounds have a single result for a backlash, the dynamic backlash table exists in SWADE ruleset and is automated in FG.

Jiminimonka
April 4th, 2023, 17:39
Most Arcane backgrounds have a single result for a backlash, the dynamic backlash table exists in SWADE ruleset and is automated in FG.

Where? Gief information plox

CassMerry
April 4th, 2023, 21:31
the dynamic backlash table is jusst in the tables window, not sure where the automation lives though

Jiminimonka
April 4th, 2023, 23:18
the dynamic backlash table is jusst in the tables window, not sure where the automation lives though

There is no automation, Doswelk was teasing us.

tymanthius
April 5th, 2023, 13:52
Sorry to hijack the thread, but is there a / command so you can roll on a table? Such as /roll fear table?

Trenloe
April 5th, 2023, 14:04
Sorry to hijack the thread, but is there a / command so you can roll on a table? Such as /roll fear table?
See the /rollon option here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640083/Using+the+Chat+Window#Chat-Commands

Jiminimonka
April 5th, 2023, 14:14

Type /roll blah and it will say no such command and then list all commands, including SWADE specific ones. Don't think there is a backlash one, but maybe.

Trenloe
April 5th, 2023, 14:24
Referring to the page I linked:

/rollon Dynamic Backlash will roll on the Dynamic Backlash table.

/rollon Fear will roll on the Fear table.

The table name must match exactly - and is case sensitive.

These chat commands can be dragged to the hotkey bar if needed.

tymanthius
April 5th, 2023, 14:39
Referring to the page I linked:

/rollon Dynamic Backlash will roll on the Dynamic Backlash table.

/rollon Fear will roll on the Fear table.

The table name must match exactly - and is case sensitive.

These chat commands can be dragged to the hotkey bar if needed.

Thank you!