PDA

View Full Version : Changing Stat names in 5e

DemonRozetta
March 31st, 2023, 09:32
So, i am making a home brew campaign but i wanted to change the names of some of the stats, like changing intelligence to mind, and wisdom to soul... how can this be accomplished?

Zacchaeus
March 31st, 2023, 09:48
You'll need to write an extension which will replace the name with the ones you want; and it will also have to cope with any uses of those stats in effects, attacks, saving throws, or any other area where the stat is used.

LordEntrails
March 31st, 2023, 17:39
imo, it's not worth it if you are just doing it for flavor. As Mr Z says, you will have to write an extension. And since ability scores and their names are so integral to the game and FGs automation, you will have a lot of work ahead of you, and you will have to be ready to update your extension every time the 5E or Core Rulesets are enhanced with new capabilities.

And at that point, I would suggest you consider making a new child ruleset derived from 5E or CoreRPG and look at RulesetWizard.com to make the ruleset (or extension) creation easier (but not easy unless you are an experienced code developer).