PDA

View Full Version : Demo for Fantasy Ground 2

Skarlix
January 10th, 2008, 19:13
Hello,

Can you tell us when we can have Fantasy ground 2 in demo version please ?

Thanks ;)

Valarian
January 10th, 2008, 20:43
With iCon08 coming up in March, it'd be useful to be able to demonstrate Fantasy Grounds II instead of using the older demo version.

DNH
January 11th, 2008, 09:20
same goes for the screenshots really, which should be even easier to fix

joshuha
January 11th, 2008, 14:04
I can confirm a demo is being looked at but don't have any more details at the moment.

As for screenshots, let me see what I can do about that.

Skarlix
January 13th, 2008, 12:55
Ok thanks.

For me a demo version it is not important because I think that Fantasy Ground is perfect for me.
But my players want to try befor buy.

So is not really important I going to try with Fantasy grounds 1 and I Hope my player will like that. ;)

jthm0138
January 13th, 2008, 15:55
But if you have bought a copy of FG1 then you can upgrade to FG2 for free.

Or are we to assume that you are talking about a hacked copy of FG1?

zifnab69_fr
January 13th, 2008, 19:44
Problem with demo is it's very easy to crack....and so it's less money for future fg2 developpement.
so i thing the demo can be FG1 and in the web site, the screen shot must be FG2.

DarkStar
January 13th, 2008, 21:16

No, we are to assume that his players never used Fantasy Grounds and they would like to take a FG2 demo for a test drive, not an outdated version which looks worse, works worse and has less features.

Valarian
January 14th, 2008, 00:01
Problem with demo is it's very easy to crack....
Why should this be the case? The developers can use the same security mechanisms as the full/lite versions if a demo version key is generated and emailed to the person downloading he software. An email address is all that is needed from the downloading party.

Skarlix
January 14th, 2008, 11:05
But if you have bought a copy of FG1 then you can upgrade to FG2 for free.

I don't Use hacked copy, I think with the demo version of FG1 I think that my player can test the soft (I hope).

I didn't know that a hacked version exist, so I can't use that.

No, we are to assume that his players never used Fantasy Grounds and they would like to take a FG2 demo for a test drive, not an outdated version which looks worse, works worse and has less features.

Yes, it is allright.

(I hope my english is not to bad)