PDA

View Full Version : Mythic Game Master Emulator - 2nd Edition, on the Forge

Marmus
March 27th, 2023, 04:01
Mythic Game Master Emulator, Second Edition, is now available as a Fantasy Ground Module on the Forge.

Link to item: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1127/view

The full 230 pages of text (and images) from the PDF are provided within the Reference Manual.

Created in CoreRPG to be used in ANY ruleset.

Contains over 400+ rollable tables.

Custom Tracker image to manage your Chaos Level, with links to odds for Fate Rolls (Yes/No questions) at each Chaos Level, Rolls for Altered Scenes/Interupted Scenes, Character Lists, Thread Lists, and Random Events.

47 Meaning Tables to add just the right detail to your adventures when you need it.

For support with the Mythic GM Emulator Module within Fantasy Grounds, either post here or come to our Discord and tag @marmus so I can help you... Discord server - https://discord.gg/FVgtecr

Marmus
March 27th, 2023, 04:02
[Reserved for future post]

MentalChillness
May 12th, 2023, 23:00
Awesome! I just got the Physical copy and now the FGU digital copy. I've been begging Monte Cook Games and Smiteworks to work together but apparently there's some bad blood. Maybe eventually we can get a group of players and GMS to import a bunch of Cypher and Numenera books (NOT TO DISTRIBUTE) but for us to run some games here and build the community more. For now I'm buying all of the Monte Cook Games Physical books, perhaps in the future I'll have all the FG digital versions as well, but RNJesus doesn't always roll 20s (or 1s depending on the game system).

Moon Wizard
May 13th, 2023, 03:07
We’re open to working with them, and don’t have any issue on our side. We would have to find a community DLC developer to do the work, if they decided to move forward.

Regards,
JPG

superteddy57
May 13th, 2023, 05:08
Awesome! I just got the Physical copy and now the FGU digital copy. I've been begging Monte Cook Games and Smiteworks to work together but apparently there's some bad blood. Maybe eventually we can get a group of players and GMS to import a bunch of Cypher and Numenera books (NOT TO DISTRIBUTE) but for us to run some games here and build the community more. For now I'm buying all of the Monte Cook Games Physical books, perhaps in the future I'll have all the FG digital versions as well, but RNJesus doesn't always roll 20s (or 1s depending on the game system).

I don't believe this product is associated with Monte Cook as it's from Word Mill. I have used Mythic with Cypher and Numenera if that is what you were referring to.
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/422929/Mythic-Game-Master-Emulator-Second-Edition

MentalChillness
May 13th, 2023, 05:30
I don't believe this product is associated with Monte Cook as it's from Word Mill. I have used Mythic with Cypher and Numenera if that is what you were referring to.
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/422929/Mythic-Game-Master-Emulator-Second-Edition

Cheers! Until we can get more official support that is. I'd volunteer to translate their pdfs into FGU mods and extensions but I haven't heard back from them yet. Perhaps persistence is key here.

Marmus
May 23rd, 2023, 00:12

I am not clear as to why this comment is here? This has nothing to do with the topic of Mythic GM Emulator 2nd Edition by Tana Pigeon at Word Mill Games.

MentalChillness
May 23rd, 2023, 04:50
I am not clear as to why this comment is here? This has nothing to do with the topic of Mythic GM Emulator 2nd Edition by Tana Pigeon at Word Mill Games.

I was just explaining how we get awesome 3rd party content like Mythic Games but nothing from Monte Cook. That's what I'd really love to have available on FG.

Jaxilon
May 30th, 2023, 16:17
Does purchase from the forge allow for reading a pdf outside of Fantasy Grounds or is this strictly for use within?

I'm wondering if I can read a pdf version, say on my tablet or phone? If it only works within FG then I'll have to make decisions. Thanks

MentalChillness
May 30th, 2023, 18:58
Does purchase from the forge allow for reading a pdf outside of Fantasy Grounds or is this strictly for use within?

I'm wondering if I can read a pdf version, say on my tablet or phone? If it only works within FG then I'll have to make decisions. Thanks

It's strictly within FG. It may allow some table uses if you have some systems or solo adventurers that you can use with it in FGU. The pdf version is available on Drivethrurpg and I prefer reading things on PDF over FG personally. But I also bought the nice hardcover from Drivethru, so I'm a bit old fashioned as well.

Marmus
May 31st, 2023, 22:44
As MentalChillnmess stated, it is within FG. I just changed the wording in description above, your comment made me look at the wording differently and tried to clarify a bit (?).

I also have Mythic 1st Edition (the blue book) inputted into FG and an agreement with Word Mill to publish here (I actually completed 1st edition back in Decembert, then they released 2nd edition in January so put 1st edition on the shelf.) Not sure what the interest is for 1st edition anymore. The Fate Chart odds are different and it is a slimmer method (i.e., no Variations, etc).

On my list to release from Word Mill:
Mythic GM Emulator - 1st Edition
The Adventure Crafter
The Creature Crafter
The Location Crafter

Marmus
July 2nd, 2023, 15:37
Currently On Sale! July 1 to 4 only.

kronovan
March 31st, 2024, 20:33
Is this DLC still being maintained and does it work error free with the most current version of FGU CoreRPG? I ask, because when I look at the Forge storepage for this it says it hasn't been updated for almost a year.
By this statement on the storepage; "Mythic Game Master Emulator Second Edition can be used with any role-playing system to replace the Game Master..." Does that mean the Emulator is ruleset independent and can be loaded within any of the 10 ruleset DLCs I own? Does it use any extentions?
By this statement; "..or played on its own without another RPG." Does that mean this DLC also includes the Mythic RPG rules?

Answers to my questions would help with my making a purchase of this DLC.

paladinlee
April 1st, 2024, 03:25
Is this DLC still being maintained and does it work error free with the most current version of FGU CoreRPG? I ask, because when I look at the Forge storepage for this it says it hasn't been updated for almost a year.
By this statement on the storepage; "Mythic Game Master Emulator Second Edition can be used with any role-playing system to replace the Game Master..." Does that mean the Emulator is ruleset independent and can be loaded within any of the 10 ruleset DLCs I own? Does it use any extentions?
By this statement; "..or played on its own without another RPG." Does that mean this DLC also includes the Mythic RPG rules?

Answers to my questions would help with my making a purchase of this DLC.

Not speaking on behalf of the author, but this is one of my favorite RPG tools. :D

It still works with no issue. There are a number of modules such as this one that do not require much updating because much of it functions within the base tools of FG (ie. not custom or altered coding).

It will run independent of any ruleset.

It does not require any additional extensions. This product is literally a conversion of the numerous random tables found within the book. So, along with a copy of the text of this book, all the hard work of creating the multiple tables and not having to cross-reference the meaty Fate Chart is well worth the price of admission.

It does not include the Mythic RPG rules specifically. However, it would not be too difficult to use this tool alone to weave a game, though would certainly be "rule-light" (and hence why this tool works so well within other games, Mythic Emulator fills in whatever gap you want it to.)

kronovan
April 2nd, 2024, 21:41
Not speaking on behalf of the author, but this is one of my favorite RPG tools. :D

It still works with no issue. There are a number of modules such as this one that do not require much updating because much of it functions within the base tools of FG (ie. not custom or altered coding).

It will run independent of any ruleset.

It does not require any additional extensions. This product is literally a conversion of the numerous random tables found within the book. So, along with a copy of the text of this book, all the hard work of creating the multiple tables and not having to cross-reference the meaty Fate Chart is well worth the price of admission.

It does not include the Mythic RPG rules specifically. However, it would not be too difficult to use this tool alone to weave a game, though would certainly be "rule-light" (and hence why this tool works so well within other games, Mythic Emulator fills in whatever gap you want it to.)

Thanks for the reply - I bought this DLC. Man it's a heckuva lot of tables, but not too bad once you recognize that most are just variants of the Fate Question for different probability descriptors and chaos factors. I like the reference book, albeit I already own the PDF and run a multiple monitor setup. So I'll probably use my PDF loaded in a different screen more, but still nice to have in-game. As I get to know MGME better, I do think I'll still use the couple of adventure generators I've already imported for some of my rulesets and settings. Admittedly though, while they're more suited to the genre and TTRPG rules they were built for, they're no where near as comprehensive as MGME.