PDA

View Full Version : Paliden of freedom looking to the gambling halls of tymora for adventure. 3.5

Ickda
March 23rd, 2023, 16:10
I am still new to dnd 3.5 played a handful of games. Want to do a few modules. Iv only cleared the windmill in curse of schrad, with the hags. And seen very little of the place.

I play a half-dragon lupin, I use the alternative template and level into half dragon, starting level one as a level one half dragon. Level three as a fighter, claric, then paladin of freedom.

Using the complete scoundrel, I am a agent of tymora, I was led to her gambling halls and teachings after a troup of scoundrels wilted my village,and left gifts to my mother. A copper dragon whom fled after a green dragon invented her lands a eon ago.

At level one he would leave his home to prove himself as a mighty drake, but also pulled by his goddess to test his luck.

Using the the complete scoundrel devine scoundrel archetype, I want to eventually stumble apond gambling halls. We're the staff are secretly a order for good.

Like rp, like travel and survival mechanics.

I'm free week day mornings 8am-230pm preferred, but if can do later as long as it ends before ten pm.

Ickda
March 26th, 2023, 05:40
I have dyslexic- dysgraphia, it effects spelling and grammar, sorry.

Also the charter is my oc, I just made him in dnd. How I start out don't really need to be using the alt templar for half dragon, just figured as a level one it be a better start, as the half dragon has a high level adjustment.

We can easily work on how I start the game.

Just to address some notes given.

PyroKarl
March 26th, 2023, 16:12
I myself was a huge fan of D&D 3.5 as a player and a DM. Unfortunately many people have moved on from 3.5, so there will be far fewer games of that edition. There is also a fan base for Pathfinder 1e which is like a logical step from 3.5, just making a few tweaks to smooth out the system. The great crunchy mechanics and heavey ruleset of these games were also their downfall.
Since you are relatively new, maybe also consider D&D 5e or Pathfinder 2e. High level play is far smoother and generally much easier to Dm. I've heard some players complain that it feels nerfed, but a good dungeon master can allow you have a great time in many other systems as well. Game well and good luck.

Ickda
March 26th, 2023, 22:54
Modern rpgs upset me, but thanks for the suggestion.

3.5 ant dead, just few of us. I Like the crunch. Might play pathfinder 1e someday though.

Artaron
March 28th, 2023, 11:37
I'll join Pyrokarl's comment.
3.5 games are far and few between.
But Pathfinder 1e is a great system, rich and crunchy, built on the founations of D&D 3.5, and it's still getting love, despite PF 2e (which is to PF1 what 5e is to 3.5) going strong these days.

Good luck!