PDA

View Full Version : Community representative

VenomousFiligree
January 9th, 2008, 11:32
Joshuha is now the community representative (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7718).

Woo hoo, well done Joshuha!

:)
MB

Sorontar
January 9th, 2008, 12:12
*DING! LEVEL UP YOU CAN CHOOSE A NEW TITLE*

Grats matey :D

joshuha
January 9th, 2008, 14:43
Thanks everyone, I am glad to be aboard the Fantasy Grounds team. I will be posting a short introduction on my role with the team shortly.

Elf
January 9th, 2008, 14:54
Congrats Joshuha!

richvalle
January 9th, 2008, 15:00
Woot! Congrats!

Now get to work!!!

rv

Dachannien
January 9th, 2008, 18:10
Congrats! :)

So, I guess this means we can pester you with questions, huh? Well, my first question is: What are the prospects for an update to fix the various bugs that have been reported over the last several months? :)

Oberoten
January 9th, 2008, 18:22
Thanks everyone, I am glad to be aboard the Fantasy Grounds team. I will be posting a short introduction on my role with the team shortly.

Well, I would say that this bodes well. :)

joshuha
January 9th, 2008, 18:43
First, let me say that as this is my first day doing this I am not going to have the answer to every question right away but I am trying to compile such things now.

Second, let me reiterate that while I am part of the FantasyGrounds team that my any opinions that I state are my own and don't necessarily reflect the official SmiteWorks position. I am still an avid user of the program, will still contribute to the community, etc.

So what exactly is my purpose as a community representative?

Well I am here to act as a conduit to the developers.

At first this is going to involve organizing input from both the community and the developers. This will include such things as categorizing and prioritizing enhancement requests and doing the same for bug reports. However, please be very aware that due to coding issues and complexities that the developers may have to prioritize things in their own order.

I usually won't be able to give exact dates but hopefully I can provide assurance that things are being worked on and let the community have some organized input on new features in the product.

I am also here to help with general support issues but certain things like billing will still need to goto [email protected] and I think the community does an awesome job with helping fellow users. I will, as I have always done, try to lend a hand with LUA questions and general customization questions and hope to provide some organization there as well for a "best of" type script area.

Dachannien
January 9th, 2008, 22:44
That's great news, Joshuha - a better route for submitting bug reports and feature requests and getting feedback on them is exactly what we need. Just let us know what we as users can do to make things go more smoothly for you and the devs. :)

devinnight
January 9th, 2008, 23:21
Congrats Josh,
Hopefully now we can get an english version of Fantasy Grounds!
-D

DarkStar
January 10th, 2008, 09:47

:confused:

Valarian
January 10th, 2008, 12:36
Congrats Josh,
-D
I agree ... you can start by spelling Armor as Armour. :p

Ged
January 10th, 2008, 13:26
I agree ... you can start by spelling Armor as Armour. :p
Sure, but then I couldn't find the correct entry from the PHB index :D

joshuha
June 4th, 2008, 14:08
As of today I will no longer be an official member of the Smiteworks team. While I will retain the nifty icon for helping out the community in various threads here I will no longer be recieving information that would fall under a NDA and will be giving back my admin privileges.

I still will be contributing to the community and have several things in the pipeline that I will think will be beneficial to the Fantasy Grounds community. I have decided to forge my own way to avoid potential conflicts of interest with my community work.

I have always been a gamer first and think it is in the best interests of both Smiteworks and its users that I be able to provide contributions in an independent manner. Look for announcements soon of some of the ideas and things I will be looking to bring to the community.

Sorontar
June 4th, 2008, 15:31
Shame to see the official link go, you've been great matey. Of course conspiracy threads will now start you know ;)

richvalle
June 4th, 2008, 18:07
Oh man. :(

Thanks for the work you did do while on board.

And I look forward to seeing what you come out with now that you are off! It better be worth it!!!

rv

Dachannien
June 4th, 2008, 19:25
Thanks for all your hard work, Joshuha, both on the inside and the outside of SmiteWorks. I hope they keep the idea of having a community rep, though, because I think they really do need someone to serve in that capacity.

unerwünscht
June 5th, 2008, 02:41
I can only see this strengthening the community.
I know Joshua helped out a lot with the people that have managed to keep their accounts. Yet I personally know of at least 10 people that did nothing (or at least very little wrong) that lost their accounts. Choosing sides is bad. I wish you all the luck in the world mate, and if you need help with anything let us know. None of us hold grudges around here.

joshuha
June 5th, 2008, 02:58
I can only see this strengthening the community.
I know Joshua helped out a lot with the people that have managed to keep their accounts. Yet I personally know of at least 10 people that did nothing (or at least very little wrong) that lost their accounts. Choosing sides is bad. I wish you all the luck in the world mate, and if you need help with anything let us know. None of us hold grudges around here.

Not that I want to get into specifics but I never had the power to ban accounts. I only know of one person that has ever been banned and that was due to things that happened not on the forum and was not my decision.

And my name is actually spelled Joshuha with that extra 'h' in there :).

Foen
June 5th, 2008, 05:01
Hi Joshuha, best of luck with the new angle and I'm delighted you'll be keeping the community rep role and the cool green font.

I look forward to seeing the new stuff you've been working on.

Cheers

Stuart (without the extra 'h')
:D

joshuha
June 5th, 2008, 05:07
A few more helpful people may also be joining me in the cool green font.

Mellock
June 5th, 2008, 13:53
Heh, game on. :rv: