PDA

View Full Version : Shadowdark RPG

Elihu
March 4th, 2023, 00:03
Just checking to see if anyone is interested in a Shadowdark game, anyone started playing it yet? If so what ruleset did you use on FG?

Angloson
March 4th, 2023, 16:03
I'm definitely looking at it with my group. I'm not sure which ruleset to use either on FGU. I'll explore... :) So, I hope others will comment soon too.

damned
March 5th, 2023, 08:15
Gwydion is building out the Quickstart for this in XCore and has permission to release some of it as a free module.

Gwydion
March 5th, 2023, 13:21
Gwydion is building out the Quickstart for this in XCore and has permission to release some of it as a free module.

Yes. I am getting closer and Kelsey has given me permission to release. I’ll keep you updated on my progress.

Glorwin
March 5th, 2023, 21:52
Very nice. Looking forward to this RPG

Angloson
March 6th, 2023, 09:19
Yes, thank you, Gwydion.
[Odd, I'm having trouble sending replies to this thread. It says I'm not logged in, but I keep logging in and trying again.]

Gwydion
March 6th, 2023, 11:57
Yes, thank you, Gwydion.
[Odd, I'm having trouble sending replies to this thread. It says I'm not logged in, but I keep logging in and trying again.]

No problem. I should have the initial version in forge shortly.

Angloson
March 6th, 2023, 12:01
Oh...you tease good sir! 'Shortly' makes me hope "only minutes!", reality makes me know days. ;)

Gwydion
March 6th, 2023, 22:13
Oh...you tease good sir! 'Shortly' makes me hope "only minutes!", reality makes me know days. ;)

Actually it is available now..... :)

heavy3p0
March 7th, 2023, 04:43

Gwydion, I subscribed to the ruleset but i only get a Shadowdark theme for X-core and no actual Shadowdark ruleset. I don't see a PAK file for the ruleset either. Am i missing something here?

damned
March 7th, 2023, 04:45
You create a new XCore Campaign and select the Shadowdark extension.
Then in the campaign load the Shadowdark module.

heavy3p0
March 7th, 2023, 05:26
You create a new XCore Campaign and select the Shadowdark extension.
Then in the campaign load the Shadowdark module.

Thanks damned. clearly that is the step that i was missing.

Angloson
March 7th, 2023, 06:12

By Crom! Thank you Gwydion. I'll check it out now...until I have to work. ;)

Glorwin
March 7th, 2023, 10:55
Yes. Thank you Gwydion!

Gwydion
March 7th, 2023, 11:57
Gwydion, I subscribed to the ruleset but i only get a Shadowdark theme for X-core and no actual Shadowdark ruleset. I don't see a PAK file for the ruleset either. Am i missing something here?

I confused the issue. It isn't a full-blown ruleset. I used xcore to create a character sheet template and all the records. So, You need to load the module which includes the template character sheet and all the records. Hope that makes sense.

Gwydion
March 7th, 2023, 14:05
FYI, I started a new thread that I will keep updated with my progress here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?77129-Shadowdark-Quickstart-Ruleset

heavy3p0
March 8th, 2023, 05:57
Just checking to see if anyone is interested in a Shadowdark game, anyone started playing it yet? If so what ruleset did you use on FG?

I am interested in a Shadowdark game. if anyone plans to run one id like to play, and if no one plans to, i will start working on running a game myself.

Zomnivore
March 9th, 2023, 14:21
I'm very much looking forward to shadowdark, unfortunately my finances aren't lining up for the campaign but I do want to see it turn up on here.

Gwydion
March 10th, 2023, 13:05
Finished the Quickstart Player's Guide. Gong to proof it and hopefully do video tonight or tomorrow to show it off.