PDA

View Full Version : Ventrilo + FG II problems w/ Vista

Xorn
January 8th, 2008, 02:36
One of my players has a really freaky bug...

When using Ventrilo & FG II, if FG II has focus then his push to talk key does not work. He has DirectInput enabled, and it works fine when any other window has focus besides Ventrilo. But the moment that FG II has focus, his push-to-talk stops working.

Anyone else encounter this?

DarkStar
January 8th, 2008, 07:53
Fantasy Grounds acts like this with other windows, at least for me. E.g. I can't Alt+Tab easily, even if I tab back to FG window, my browser stays on top and I have to minimize it. This happens when FG is running in full screen mode.

I think it might have more of these annoyances, I'm also running Vista, but as far as I remember it was the same with FG1 on XP.

Xorn
January 8th, 2008, 18:48
About halfway through rolling up this player's new monk, his push-to-talk started working while FG2 had focus. Go figure. Speaking of which, I wish there was a d2 die to put into the damage for a Shuriken. :P

joshuha
January 8th, 2008, 19:03
Speaking of which, I wish there was a d2 die to put into the damage for a Shuriken.

This isn't too hard to add.

If you notice on the D6 dice, if you right-click the menu you get a custom dice radial menu and a D3 in there. If you pick this up and drop it in the damage field it should still work and spit out a D3 (math wise).

If you were willing to create a custom ruleset for d20 you could do the same thing with a D2 using the D4 die as your model and just halving the result. The code would go in gameelements.xml and you can see how they did the D3. If you want me to show you the code for a D2 let me know I can paste it here.

Xorn
January 24th, 2008, 18:29
This isn't too hard to add.

If you notice on the D6 dice, if you right-click the menu you get a custom dice radial menu and a D3 in there. If you pick this up and drop it in the damage field it should still work and spit out a D3 (math wise).

If you were willing to create a custom ruleset for d20 you could do the same thing with a D2 using the D4 die as your model and just halving the result. The code would go in gameelements.xml and you can see how they did the D3. If you want me to show you the code for a D2 let me know I can paste it here.

This is why Fantasy Grounds rocks. I just add a joking comment and joshuha actually posts the way to fix it! You're awesome! He's just rolling a d6 and odd is 1 right now, that's how I'd do it at a table, so that's how we'll do it here, too. :) (Actually if he said he wanted to roll damage for a shuriken at a table, I'd slap him and tell him it was less damage than that.) heh.