View Full Version : Power text not outputted to chat

Maldev
March 3rd, 2023, 07:33
4E Ruleset
No extensions loaded
Win 10
16g RAM

G'day, After the last update and using the 4E Ruleset I have noticed that
Previously, From the Character sheet: Double clicking the text in a power in the powers tab would show that text in the chat window
This no longer functions

Cheers

Maldev
March 18th, 2023, 01:31
Hi. Should I post the above message somewhere else, considering there has been no response? :confused:

This power to chat feature is something I and my players use EVERY session.
As a DM, when a player says they are using "Hack and Hew" for example, I ask them to put it in chat.
A/ As a DM I can quickly see what the power does, without having to open the Player's sheet myself (which is a time waster when they can double click the power)
B/ The other players can see what the power does as well, which is obviously more inclusive for the group.

I am hoping it will be re-implemented ASAP.
I cant understand why it would be removed.
Cheers

superteddy57
March 18th, 2023, 02:00
Sorry there has been no reply. There has been many changes to how the powers have been configured and things may have changed. We can look into it, but this may be the new system moving forward.

Maldev
March 18th, 2023, 02:58
Looking into it would be much appreciated. :)
It's not an occasional use feature.
It is a feature that is used on every player's turn, sometimes 2 or 3 times in one turn when they are strategising.
So in a given session it will be used as many times as player attack rolls are made.
Cheers

Maldev
April 23rd, 2023, 10:00
Looking into it would be much appreciated. :)
It's not an occasional use feature.
It is a feature that is used on every player's turn, sometimes 2 or 3 times in one turn when they are strategising.
So in a given session it will be used as many times as player attack rolls are made.
Cheers

G'day there. I am just following up to see if this feature is returning any time soon. :o

gamerhawaii
April 30th, 2023, 17:34
It is almost as quick, can you use the feature that lets you copy the reference link to the power to the chat? That seems like it could work instead

https://i.imgur.com/TrvP3fV.png

superteddy57
April 30th, 2023, 18:00
There is currently no ETA as this hasn't floated to the top of the list to look over. No decision has been made till it can be examined and then decided.

Maldev
May 1st, 2023, 10:26
Thanks man, we do use it sometimes.
The other way is just instant and requires no one else to do anything except read chat :)

Maldev
May 1st, 2023, 10:29
Thanks for replying.
I get it. 4E isn't a top priority lol
I'm NOT being a smart arse. :)

damned
May 1st, 2023, 22:40
What exactly did the previous output look like?
Did it push the description to chat when you "used" the skill like the Sharing is Caring extension?

gamerhawaii
May 2nd, 2023, 01:36
Example chat output for power shown:

https://i.imgur.com/TXaBE6T.jpg

Outputs to chat when you double-click here:
https://i.imgur.com/X1IMbjj.jpg

Maldev
May 2nd, 2023, 04:07
What exactly did the previous output look like?
Did it push the description to chat when you "used" the skill like the Sharing is Caring extension?

G'day, I can't show exactly what it looked like anymore, but this image is from the chat log of a campaign.
From the character sheet you double click the text in the power "box"
And the power text would appear in chat for all to see.
I am unfamiliar with the Sharing is caring ext.
Cheers
Edit: Didn't see prior post..

Just looked at Sharing is Caring ext. It says 5E and 2E/2E PF only

gamerhawaii
May 2nd, 2023, 04:37
Try this extension for a temporary fix. Worked for me.

(I know it prints the power name twice, but the extension calls all the original functions to make sure nothing is missed, then adds the full text afterwards.)

https://i.imgur.com/i6qJGxM.jpg

Maldev
May 2nd, 2023, 05:01
Just tried it. Works perfectly!
Thanks for the replies and the fix, sensational :)

damned
May 2nd, 2023, 05:11
Yes Sharing is Caring is not for 4E. I was just going to make a cut down version for you but gamerhawaii has just done that already!