PDA

View Full Version : DM-made Groups Not Visible For Players

dhagstrom
February 25th, 2023, 22:19
Hello Community!

Long-time forum lurker trying to get re-acquainted with FGU after not using it for years, and would appreciate any feedback.

I recently set up new Groups in multiple categories (class, race, background, spells, etc.) where I was hoping to copy over the material that would be available for my game as well as add some homebrew options. I thought directing my players to these Groups in the dropdown menu for each would also help keep things cleaner for them by not having the same options in there multiple times from every source. Rather than see 8 Fighter options, it would just be one with all the subclass options for example.

But when I directed them to the new groups I created, no one could see them. They could see the homebrew options I placed in the groups under All but only after I went through and right-clicked and shared content on each one individually. The new group that I created never showed up for them.

As players initially joined the game, they shared their screens with me so I could make sure all of the correct modules were shared and they had them loaded properly. We also all downloaded the latest FGU update right before we logged in within 5 minutes of each other.

I'm not sure what else I should have checked or done.

Any advice?

Thanks!

WinterSoldier7
February 25th, 2023, 23:41
Hey dhagstrom, welcome to the forums.

You're query will surely be answered by someone in the know very soon, however I just wanted to jump in here and share my experience with something similar;

Sometimes, homebrew entries and images take a while to 'copy' over to the clients. I've had PC portraits not show up for the Players for up to 20mins, or until we have quit out and re-loaded. I guess it's a synchronization delay?

Not saying that's it, but that's what came to my mind.

Zacchaeus
February 26th, 2023, 00:17
Players will not see anything that you don’t share with them and groups do not get carried over with shared material.

It sounds like what you want to do is export your created content to a module which you can then share with your players. Exported content will appear in groups.
See video forty one here for more on exporting content https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity

dhagstrom
February 26th, 2023, 01:31
Thank you both so much! I appreciate the quick feedback!