PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker - drag an attack

NineShadowEyes
January 5th, 2008, 02:09
The C&C FAQ says you can drag attacks from the combat tracker to the chat window. I can't figure out how to do this. What are you supposed to drag from the combat tracker?

Griogre
January 5th, 2008, 02:26
I don't have the C&C ruleset but in the d20 rules it is the list of attacks in attack or full attack that is shown on the tracker. IE the part you see when you click on the sword icon or when it is the monster's turn.

Toadwart
January 5th, 2008, 04:00
If you hover the mouse over the text in the "Atk" field it should highlight a portion of the text that represents an attack (e.g. Bite (1d4)) if that is dragged a dice should appear and can be dropped into the chat window to to make the attack roll.

If the text is not being highlighted when you hover over it then the text is probably not correctly formatted. The code can't figure out what the text means...

NineShadowEyes
January 5th, 2008, 18:00
Oh...

How is it supposed to be formatted?

Astinus
January 5th, 2008, 19:34
Oh...

How is it supposed to be formatted?
Griogre has written an opus on this subject at the following thread:

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7419&highlight=parser+coded+expect+general+styles+entri es

His post might be on the second page. It explains the formatting as it applies to Personalities and therefore the Combat Tracker.

Griogre
January 5th, 2008, 20:45
Opus? I'm flattered. ;)

That is a good point by Toadwart, too. Like him, I always hover the mouse over the different parts of an entry to see if it changes to white to make sure combat and skill entries are correct. If it changes to white the parser does understand it. (Though not necesarily the way you do. :p )

NineShadowEyes
January 6th, 2008, 01:21
Ok, got it. Works just fine. Thanks!