PDA

View Full Version : Client PC maps sometimes open super massive

EllivasKram
February 24th, 2023, 07:25
My player have reported that sometimes maps already shared on previous sessions open silly massive.

It’s not that they can’t be told to [cntl]Left click drag the bottom right if the map and drag up loads of times to eventually find the bottom of the window and then Left click drag the window to reposition to find the top of the map window.

But why does the client even allow a window to be so large compared to the visible area. My player with the issue disconnected in frustration yesterday.

I can understand why windows are allowed to breach the visible area but maybe a soft max of say a few % compared to the screen size. Windows would be auto resized as you drag of screen and if a map opens silly large then maybe a client fix to not allow and resize to the screen limits.

I’ve had a few player report issues of this nature. For extra info I’m running 5E and have a 4K monitor. My player tend to use laptop screens of various sizes. Not sure if my screens resolution is potentially interfering with their default map sizes.

But I tend to not have my maps as large windows as I share and then make a back ground map.

Trenloe
February 24th, 2023, 08:51
When the GM shares an image, it appears on the player side in the exact size that they share it, even if it's been shared before and the GM shares again. So, yes, it could well be related to you having a 4K monitor and some players on laptops with smaller screens. So, just keep the size of the image on your screen in mind when you (re)share it to players, and see if that helps.