PDA

View Full Version : Update 4.3.3 Made Our 4E Game a NO GO

Shimrath
February 24th, 2023, 03:14
Greetings,

My group updated tonight to play our weekly 4E game, and we got a lot of console errors on load-up.

First thing that stood out was that the Combat Tracker wasn't sorting the participants by Initiative order.

Then we tried to apply some conditions/effects to a character on the tracker and got another big round of console errors. The conditions/effect cannot be applied.

Because 4E relies so heavily on the Combat Tracker and automated tracking of conditions/effects, this is essentially a game-breaker.

I have attached my console log. Hope that helps. Happy to try and answer any other questions.

Thanks for everything you do! This is the first time we've ever experienced a game-stopping problem in all the years we've been playing. FG forever!

-Shimrath.

superteddy57
February 24th, 2023, 03:31
I was able to locate an error posted in your logs and have it on my list to investigate. Thank you for the report.

LordEntrails
February 24th, 2023, 03:39
I know its hard not to press update with the button is red, but it's strongly suggested to never update right before a game session. imo it's always best to do it after the gaming session, so you have time to test. It's never fun to lose a gaming session because of technical bugs.

Happy Gaming!

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2023, 03:55
Thanks for the report. @superteddy57 identified the fix; and I just pushed this as a hot fix.

Regards,
JPG

Shimrath
February 24th, 2023, 04:03
Dang. Looks like y'all fixed it already!

Heroes.

-Shimrath.