PDA

View Full Version : 4.3.3 Update Obervations

Laerun
February 23rd, 2023, 21:59
Console error if one tries to double click on a token in the CT IF the token is no longer on the battle map.
The behavior of the Death indicator is not apparent and odd. Tokens do not update upon reaching the death state.
A random indicator placed itself on the map and cannot be removed unless the GM unlocks the map to remove said indicator graphic.
Death indicator "default" selection sometimes does not save or remain between sessions, resorting to nothing selected.
A tiny bit of lag or memory overhead is introduced when interacting with death indicators.

EllivasKram
February 23rd, 2023, 22:16
I didn’t notice any issues between sessions as the death indicator is a stamp in a layer. But my players only see the death indicator on reloading of the map. ?

So I clear the dead NPC and I as DM see the death splat. But not my players until they reload the map ?

Laerun
February 23rd, 2023, 22:25
I didn’t notice any issues between sessions as the death indicator is a stamp in a layer. But my players only see the death indicator on reloading of the map. ?

So I clear the dead NPC and I as DM see the death splat. But not my players until they reload the map ?

Yeah, this is the behavior that I see too. The paint layer rests beneath the token layer? It seems rather cumbersome to use if this is the case.

Speculi
February 23rd, 2023, 22:27
Same for me, didn't try to reload the map but just tested with a player and they didn't see the death splat. Can also reproduce with a fresh (5E) campaign and logging in with a second instance.

Also NPC tokens look like they are visible to me as a GM as soon as I move them or had them visible once. They never turn back to the hidden slightly transparent state.

Console error if one tries to double click on a token in the CT IF the token is no longer on the battle map.
Can reproduce that. For completeness: It also happens when the entry in the CT has never been on any map at all.

Moon Wizard
February 23rd, 2023, 23:43
Responding to the comments above:

* Death markers are only applied when removing a combat tracker entry that has an associated map token while the combat tracker entry has the Dying/Dead health status. It does not apply any markers until the entry is removed. This is by design. We specifically did not try to tackle wound states on a token (including dying/dead) before they are removed from the map, which would be a separate feature.

* I've recreated the CT token field click script error. I've pushed a hot fix for this issue.

* When death indicators are placed, they can be removed via the new image toolbar button with the tooltip "Clear Death Markers" (or manually by unlocking image and deleting Death Markers layer).

* I have not seen any situation where the Default value gets reset. If you have an example set of steps to recreate, I will definitely take a look.

* I have not seen any lag with placing death indicators. It's just the creation of a new layer (if it doesn't exist), and adding a single paint stamp.

* I've recreated the death marker not showing on player client until image re-shared. I'll need a little more time to investigate this one, as it requires an application-level fix.

Regards,
JPG

Jiminimonka
February 24th, 2023, 00:02
The behavior of the Death indicator is not apparent and odd. Tokens do not update upon reaching the death state.
A random indicator placed itself on the map and cannot be removed unless the GM unlocks the map to remove said indicator graphic.
Death indicator "default" selection sometimes does not save or remain between sessions, resorting to nothing selected.
A tiny bit of lag or memory overhead is introduced when interacting with death indicators.

Seems like Death Indicators work in Core exactly like they did in Savage Worlds - when the NPC dies, you remove it from the CT and a blood splat appears.

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2023, 00:38
Address the player client with a hot fix as well.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?76986-Fantasy-Grounds-v4-3-3&p=678998&viewfull=1#post678998

Regards,
JPG

Laerun
February 24th, 2023, 02:19
Okay, thank you. This works as a place holder, not a live status. Gotcha. I have not been able to reproduce the error of losing the default setting again. The lag was very minimal and only occurred while in the custom token marker manager.

Laerun
February 24th, 2023, 02:24
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?76986-Fantasy-Grounds-v4-3-3&p=678998&viewfull=1#post678998

Regards,
JPG

I will consider creating some sort of graphical reference tool so that the function and use case is more clear for our community. I admit that I missed the clear button and the core functionality as opposed to what most users would assume this feature might do.
Thanks

Laerun
February 24th, 2023, 02:25

Regards,
JPG

I will consider creating some graphical reference tools to make the function and use case clearer for our community. I admit that I need to catch the clear button and the core functionality as opposed to what most users would assume this feature might do. Glad to see it's customizable. Depending on this could lead to some themed and ruleset-specific wants or needs.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/live/NVHrvsRXib8?feature=sharehttps://www.youtube.com/live/NVHrvsRXib8?feature=share

Fantasy Grounds Unity version 4.3.3 introduces several new features and improvements. The Character Wizard has been refined and updated with a new look and feel to make character creation easier and more intuitive.

Additionally, the Token Height Indicator has been added to the core features of Fantasy Grounds Unity. This feature calculates distance based on the map diagonal setting in the options menu, and can help to add more depth and realism to your gaming experience.

The Death Indicator is a new customizable graphical feature that appears when an actor or NPC is deleted from the Combat Tracker. It is not intended to be a live wound status feature, but rather a visual placeholder. Users can choose from default indicator graphics or create and assign their own custom graphics.

Other changes and clean-up features have been implemented in the backend of Fantasy Grounds Unity, but may not be as visually noticeable to users who are not ruleset developers. Overall, these updates aim to improve the functionality and user experience of the software.

spliskamatyshak
February 24th, 2023, 03:01
Chat as an NPC doesn't show the NPC name anymore. Only the GM icon. How do you break something like that?

spliskamatyshak
February 24th, 2023, 03:12
ct_entry.lua:setEffectsVisible - DEPRECATED - 2022-08-16 - Contact ruleset/extension/forge author

and what's this?

Moon Wizard
February 24th, 2023, 03:18
Please disable any extensions and try again. That message means that there is some code calling old deprecated functions that are about to go away.

If you’re still having issues, please make a brand new post with a screen clip of your chat window after campaign loads. (Screen clip via Windows key +Shift + S). That will tell us what ruleset you are using and which extensions are loading.

This post is for Laerun’s specific initial report; not a general purpose thread.

Thanks,
JPG