PDA

View Full Version : Missing Map in Odyssey of the Dragonlords

Guiche007
February 22nd, 2023, 13:19
Hi,

I don't know what's happening in the Adventure 5e of Odyssey of the Dragonlords. All the player's map of the Temple of the Oracle have dissapear. Yesterday they were there but not today. I check other player's map and it's look like ok. I try to unload module and reload them and it's done nothing.

Please solve the problem because my player are near that temple.

Thanks

LordEntrails
February 22nd, 2023, 14:10
From the assets window, right click over the module and select Revert Changes. This will fully reset the module (which unloading/re-loading will not do), and cause you to lose any changes you have made to any stories, maps, etc from the module.

Guiche007
February 22nd, 2023, 14:17
Hi LordEntrails,

There's no other way? I don't want to lose all the modifications have made on all the maps.

Nylanfs
February 22nd, 2023, 14:52
You can reset just the individual maps. Then we can help you figure out what went wrong after your game.

LordEntrails
February 22nd, 2023, 15:13
If the individual maps show up in your map list, then you can revert changes to that map. But if the map has been "deleted" from the module within that campaign, the only way to not revert the entire module is to exit the xml in your campaign folder. You can do that, but you can also do it wrong so will need to make backups etc. LEt us know if you need details to do that.

Guiche007
February 22nd, 2023, 15:24
Hi,

I didn't do a back-up... I need to redo the job on 4 maps. It's not the end of the world but...

Thanks

Nylanfs
February 22nd, 2023, 17:03
Hi,

I didn't do a back-up... I need to redo the job on 4 maps. It's not the end of the world but...

Thanks

Take a look at the Backup link in my signature, always follow the 3-2-1 rule. (https://www.seagate.com/blog/what-is-a-3-2-1-backup-strategy/)

LordEntrails
February 22nd, 2023, 18:21
For future reference, in yoru FG DAta/campaigns/<campaignname>/moduledb folder are a set of xml files. These record the changes made to any modules in that campaign. Reverting changes deletes that whole file. But instead you can make a backup copy and then edit it to remove just individual changes. It does mean you need to understand XML tags, but it's pretty simple if you've never done it before.