PDA

View Full Version : Resizing tokens

Silas1066
January 3rd, 2008, 23:18
Can you resize tokens? If so, how is this done. I don't seem to remember.

devinnight
January 3rd, 2008, 23:33
drag the token into the combat tracker from a map.
Then in the combat tracker hover over the little picture of the the token. The if you have a mouse wheel wheel him up bigger or smaller.
If you don't have a mouse wheel, sell your windows 95 machine and get with the picture. Just kidding, I don't know what you use if you don't have a wheeled mouse, some key combination.

-D

Silas1066
January 4th, 2008, 00:28
O.K., I opened the combat tracker and dragged a token into it. However, the token simply vanishes when I do this.

Am I doing something wrong?

joshuha
January 4th, 2008, 00:47
Are you dragging it to the circle icon right before the Name on the row?

Silas1066
January 4th, 2008, 01:24
Yes, I can drag the token into the circle icon and it stays there. But I can't resize it there, or even if I pull it back out and put in on the map.

Does a player need to be connected--that is to say, can only active player tokens be resized?

Now I can resize them manually with an editor, but I'm a little confused as to why I can't do it on the fly (yes, I do have a 3 button mouse with a wheel).

joshuha
January 4th, 2008, 03:19
OK lets make sure we are doing this right:

1) Drag token into combat tracker.
2) Drag an instance of that token onto an image.
3) Use the mousewheel over the token in the combat tracker.

You don't get a little number bubble above the token in the combat tracker when you do this?

Dachannien
January 4th, 2008, 03:23
Does a player need to be connected--that is to say, can only active player tokens be resized?

Nope, any token linked to a tracker entry can be resized.

devinnight
January 4th, 2008, 03:50
sometimes when I drag the token to the combat tracker from the map the token ends up under the combat tracker off the map, look under the combat tracker for the token that is linked.

-D

Tokuriku
January 4th, 2008, 03:56
Just a tought,.. are you using the basic ruleset that comes with FGII or a custom ruleset?

Silas1066
January 4th, 2008, 04:44
I drag the token into the combat counter, where it sticks. I then drag it into a map from the images directory. I never get a bubble that indicates I can resize the token.

If I spin the wheel on the mouse, it simply rotates the token.

This happens in the standard d20 ruleset, and the Castles and Crusades ruleset.

*if all else fails, I can resize the tokens manually using an editor.

jthm0138
January 4th, 2008, 04:56
Tried it on my default install of FGII (this is a feature I didnt know about) and it works like a charm. But if its rotating the token then you are hovering over the token in the map, not the combat tracker.

Dachannien
January 4th, 2008, 14:17
Exactly. Hover over the token in the combat tracker entry and use the mouse wheel there.

Silas1066
January 4th, 2008, 18:47
I assume you are talking about the token that is just left of the name in the combat tracker.

It still doesn't work. I never get an option to resize.

Astinus
January 4th, 2008, 19:15
I drag the token into the combat counter, where it sticks. I then drag it into a map from the images directory. I never get a bubble that indicates I can resize the token.

If I spin the wheel on the mouse, it simply rotates the token.

This happens in the standard d20 ruleset, and the Castles and Crusades ruleset.

*if all else fails, I can resize the tokens manually using an editor.

It sounds like you are spinning the mouse wheel over the token on the map, when you should be spinning the wheel over the token on the combat tracker.

Once you've dragged the token from the combat tracker to the map, to resize you spin the mouse wheel over the small image on the combat tracker - not over the image on the map. If you do it on the combat tracker a small bubble will appear showing you the size of the token. If you do it on the map, you'll rotate the token as you say.

richvalle
January 4th, 2008, 19:19
Lets try again from the top....

Open a map. You have to have the grid turned on the map. To do this (from memory... ) right click on the map, open up the layers option and then turn on the grid option. You'll get a cursor that is a little +. Use this to drag a square onto the map and it will be populated by squares all of that size.

Now, open up the combat tracker. Add an entry... either by dragging from your personalities book, or right clicking on the tracker and add new entry.

From your tokens box, drag and drop a token onto the small O in the upper left of the combat tracker entry. The O should be filled with the token.

Now, drag and drop the token from that combat tracker O onto the map. You should see a small amount of green behind the token showing its base size and when you move the mouse over it you should see some squares 'light' up in gray showing its reach (both of these 5' by default unless you picked a bigger creature from the personalities book).

Now, move the mouse back over the O on the combat tracker and move the mouse wheel. You should see a little bubble of numbers and the token should change size on the map.

Hope that helps!!!

rv

Silas1066
January 4th, 2008, 22:02
That worked! You have to have the grid in place, otherwise you can never resize the token.

I don't see any numbers show up, but I am able to alter the size of the token in regards to the map.

joshuha
January 4th, 2008, 22:18
Strange, even on the default d20 ruleset I can resize a token even without a grid in place.

Astinus
January 4th, 2008, 22:41
Yeah, me too. Just checked again, and tokens re-size just fine, from the combat tracker, with no grid on the map.