PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a group for 5E Midgard by Kobold Press.

Rondor
February 17th, 2023, 19:36
I am looking for a Theater of the Mind group to play in KP's Midgard. 5 players max at the table. I love maps and tokens but I really hate the way tactical battles takes away the sweeping, story-like drama that I want combat to be.

So, essentially I will put down maps but we will play as if the map is a TotM style map. Front Rank, Mid Rank, Back Rank etc. The map art is for feel and to use props in fun and memorable ways by the PC's and NPC's. We might grid up on Boss fights but we can discuss once players are confirmed. Drama first is my motto ;-) Good drama, anyway.

Timing is weekly to every other week depending on our real lives. I live in L.A. so we are playing my time from 5pm to 8 pm on Thursdays.

18+ only (no exceptions)
Please send a DM only if you can make the times I am playing. They can't be modified.
This will be a voice game on Discord. No camera is required.
We will begin at The Scarlet Citadel, a very dangerous place. A balanced party is going to be required.

Std Array, PHB, SCAG, XGE, Midgard Hero's Handbook (MHH) and Deep Magic (DM, a Midgard specific magic spells book)

Midgard is a great setting with some new PC possibilities. We will create PC's in game. I have only a STD license so I cannot host demo's.

https://midgardmap.koboldpress.com/

Those are the basics. If interested, please DM me with the type of PC (healer, tank, melee damage, magic damage, etc you prefer playing) We can handle exact class after you know all your options.

Magraff
February 21st, 2023, 18:02
Hi Rondor,

Were you still looking for players?

Cheers,
M

Tallin
February 22nd, 2023, 15:10
For anyone who is looking for something different, but not too different, Midgard and Kobold Press products are 5E friendly and different enough that it really could be interesting for those interested. TotM can be a challenge for some, especially those who are very tactical, but there are ways to solve that.

Me, personally - I have other commitments so I personally will need to pass, but I am currently in a Midgard game and really enjoying it. Don't let a different setting scare you away.

Derekdiaz
March 1st, 2023, 09:09
I am looking for a Theater of the Mind group to play in KP's Midgard. 5 players max at the table. I love maps and tokens but I really hate the way tactical battles takes away the sweeping, story-like drama that I want combat to be.

So, essentially I will put down maps but we will play as if the map is a TotM style map. Front Rank, Mid Rank, Back Rank etc. The map art is for feel and to use props in fun and memorable ways by the PC's and NPC's. We might grid up on Boss fights but we can discuss once players are confirmed. Drama first is my motto ;-) Good drama, anyway.

Timing is weekly to every other week depending on our real lives. I live in L.A. so we are playing my time from 5pm to 8 pm on Thursdays.

18+ only (no exceptions)
Please send a DM only if you can make the times I am playing. They can't be modified.
This will be a voice game on Discord. No camera is required.
We will begin at The Scarlet Citadel, a very dangerous place. A balanced party is going to be required.

Std Array, PHB, SCAG, XGE, Midgard Hero's Handbook (MHH) and Deep Magic (DM, a Midgard specific magic spells book)

Midgard is a great setting with some new PC possibilities. We will create PC's in game. I have only a STD license so I cannot host demo's.

https://midgardmap.koboldpress.com/

Those are the basics. If interested, please DM me with the type of PC (healer, tank, melee damage, magic damage, etc you prefer playing) We can handle exact class after you know all your options.

I am new in this forum but not new in that . I am very interested.