PDA

View Full Version : Night Time DnD LFP

Tycreus
February 14th, 2023, 04:16
As u can guess unless u want to and/or are available during the night (general start time around 11 pm-12 am est) then this post might not be for you.

I am looking for players that are interested in playing and during the same availability as me. The main reason it is during the night as u can guess, it’s usually the only time I’m available. It’s been a minute however, I am trying to get back into playing dnd again. Now let’s talk about the real information people want to know.

I do prefer dming but if someone needs a player I can do that as well. The systems I can use are Pathfinder 1e and 5e, (maybe one dnd, never messed with it yet) I am more experienced and comfortable with pathfinder but I have done 5e (and sadly 4e) before. To talk more about me, I started playing dnd in the 4e, I know what a weird way to start, but I didn’t like playing it until I started to get into 3.5e. I was a player for a while until I wanted to dm myself, the funny thing was that when I started dming it was for other people who were new to dnd and I was learning new things cause I was new to 5e. After a few years of 5e, I started appreciating the system of 3.5 more and I started getting into pathfinder. I haven’t played in a year so I might be a little rusty.

I have the ultimate license, so if u don’t own FG it’s fine, u can still play for free. This session is only available after 11pm on Wednesday nights. I don’t know how many people are gonna respond to this post so going through it and asking the same question will be exhausting so I’ll ask here.

Availability?
What system u prefer and if ur willing to learn?
Tell me about ur play style and what u look for in a dnd session.
U prefer more Rping? Combat? Storytelling? Casual?
What’s ur drive? When there are nights of combat and/or being slow, are u able to stay focused or will u get tired and want to end the session early?
I’m less of a rules lawyer, I am more forgiving and willing to work with you about any concerns u have over other players or even my dming. However, (and I cannot express this enough) when I say a ruling is final then that’s that. But generally, I am willing to discuss and even bend rules to make the game more fun for you guys. I use discord for the chat room for now unless there’s something better I can use (feel free to inform me).

You’re probably wondering what kind of world or campaign setting I’m running. I don’t have one yet but bear with me. When I go through and pick the players, we will have a group discussion. We are gonna get to know each other and talk about the types of characters we like to play and I want to discuss ground rules and comfortability. Then we will talk about themes and what y’all want to look forward to in the world we can create. Magic tech? Undead apocalypse? Hardcore? Casual adventure? Total war of nations? Etc etc. Believe it or not, I can make a world (at least the start of it) pretty quickly and build on it exponentially. I just like building toward your interest and not forcing u unto my own crazy and abnormal creations. I usually like dark themes myself with self-actualization and building from loss but others, not so much.

Feel free to add me on discord, I’ll be able to respond faster and can ask questions more efficiently. Inobnoxious#6096

tgree69
February 14th, 2023, 08:49
As u can guess unless u want to and/or are available during the night (general start time around 11 pm-12 am est) then this post might not be for you.

I am looking for players that are interested in playing and during the same availability as me. The main reason it is during the night as u can guess, it’s usually the only time I’m available. It’s been a minute however, I am trying to get back into playing dnd again. Now let’s talk about the real information people want to know.

I do prefer dming but if someone needs a player I can do that as well. The systems I can use are Pathfinder 1e and 5e, (maybe one dnd, never messed with it yet) I am more experienced and comfortable with pathfinder but I have done 5e (and sadly 4e) before. To talk more about me, I started playing dnd in the 4e, I know what a weird way to start, but I didn’t like playing it until I started to get into 3.5e. I was a player for a while until I wanted to dm myself, the funny thing was that when I started dming it was for other people who were new to dnd and I was learning new things cause I was new to 5e. After a few years of 5e, I started appreciating the system of 3.5 more and I started getting into pathfinder. I haven’t played in a year so I might be a little rusty.

I have the ultimate license, so if u don’t own FG it’s fine, u can still play for free. The nights I’m available are usually anything after 11 pm est on M W F, the weekend as well. I don’t know how many people are gonna respond to this post so going through it and asking the same question will be exhausting so I’ll ask here.

Availability?
What system u prefer and if ur willing to learn?
Tell me about ur play style and what u look for in a dnd session.
U prefer more Rping? Combat? Storytelling? Casual?
What’s ur drive? When there are nights of combat and/or being slow, are u able to stay focused or will u get tired and want to end the session early?
I’m less of a rules lawyer, I am more forgiving and willing to work with you about any concerns u have over other players or even my dming. However, (and I cannot express this enough) when I say a ruling is final then that’s that. But generally, I am willing to discuss and even bend rules to make the game more fun for you guys. I use discord for the chat room for now unless there’s something better I can use (feel free to inform me).

You’re probably wondering what kind of world or campaign setting I’m running. I don’t have one yet but bear with me. When I go through and pick the players, we will have a group discussion. We are gonna get to know each other and talk about the types of characters we like to play and I want to discuss ground rules and comfortability. Then we will talk about themes and what y’all want to look forward to in the world we can create. Magic tech? Undead apocalypse? Hardcore? Casual adventure? Total war of nations? Etc etc. Believe it or not, I can make a world (at least the start of it) pretty quickly and build on it exponentially. I just like building toward your interest and not forcing u unto my own crazy and abnormal creations. I usually like dark themes myself with self-actualization and building from loss but others, not so much.

Feel free to add me on discord, I’ll be able to respond faster and can ask questions more efficiently. Inobnoxious#6096

Hi there. I am interested in taking part in your campaigns.

Availability- The exact hours as yours. I am CST but my hours work great with yours. The next 5-6 weeks I have 7 days a week available as I recover from surgery. Afterwards my availability drops to just Sat-Sun same hours. Mon-Fri I work nights 10-12 hours a day.

Skills and Experience- Virtually zero. I played DnD 2e like 30 years ago. I really enjoyed it but didn't get started until late high school and after graduation, life took over. I just tonight found fantasy grounds. I had been looking for groups and options, tabletop or otherwise, but hadn't had much luck. I am willing to learn any ruleset, enjoy research, and learn quickly.

Preferred play style- I'm not real sure about serious Rp. But I like the imagination aspect playing combined with learning and researching to get better. Back in the day just reading the players handbook, DM guide, and monster manuals ect. were fun for me while not playing.

As far as my drive? I guess flow is important. Whether its combative or not. I'm not sure what being slow means. Just more story and not as much combat/rolling of the dice? I guess from memory of playing before, if there are many long pauses because the DM, or player, had to look something up frequently halting the flow of the game it might be an issue. I guess generally not being prepared as a player or DM. Ending the session early, for me, would be a no go. I feel like I would be letting the group down. I don't want my valuable free time wasted and I wouldn't do that to the group unless a RL emergency.

I am partial to the DnD style campaigns. Zombies don't interest me much. I have no idea what total war of nations is but I guess more fantasy magic dragons type stuff is what I am into.

Anyways I look forward to your reply.

DragynBait
February 20th, 2023, 02:16
I work night shift every other week, so I could do an Every Other Week game during the nighttime EDT hours. I can do any day of the week except Sunday which is my transition day into and out of my work rotation. Let me if get enough interest to get something going if it ends up being an every other week game.

Aellywynn
February 20th, 2023, 03:50
Hey, I'd be interested too. Just need to know the days and lenghths. I'm PST, but I do have some game sessions that would likely still be running at 2000 PST so the day of the week would determine if I could make it. Let me know!

My Discord is: MikeY#7226