PDA

View Full Version : Two players who want to pretend to hate each other in game because we just cant irl

ghen
February 12th, 2023, 15:16
Two players looking for a game!
Availability: Saturday nights (EST UTC-5) <t:1676160000:F>
System Preference: 5e preferred, then PF2, then maybe others
Paid games: no thank you
Access to: Good internet, good mics, discord, etc
Experience: Knowledgeable

My wife's saturday game ended with a win and she'd like to fill the time slot again. So this time, we're looking together! I'm a long-term DM for 5e and have played in a few other systems as well. She has played in 5e and PF2 games, but prefers 5e.

We're looking for a DM that is primarily running their own homebrew to explore, but a module that gets edited would work as well.

As players we're generally in the 'heroic quest' mindset and like roleplay heavy games with a 50/50 social/combat split. We take good notes and get into character as we play. We have numerous character concepts we can whittle down for full-on backstory writing. Some use homebrew, most do not. But if you allow something like Kobold Press or KibblesTasty then we might experiment at your discretion. :)

One of my many character concepts. This is a fraction of the backstory:
Findolthen Idril is always out for adventure seeking the next biggest monster. He is in his 3rd century, and as is tradition has forced himself to start over on a new path a new life. Forbidden to use the druidic magic he mastered in the century prior he relishes in the challenge of new combat with only his blade and shield. He cares little for rewards as they tarnish the sense of adventure. He seeks to rid himself of wealth quickly. He is rash, jittery in stillness, and quick to make a decision right or wrong.

In his 2nd century as a druid he fought for animal rights in the human world as his recognition in the druidic sect. Then he helped reforest and sanctify a desolate region of the land which he then had to defend for decades before it became strong enough. Finally he mentored a group of young druids to take his place as he moved on to his new life with all new goals.