PDA

View Full Version : Character creation for MGT2e

Jim Bennett
February 10th, 2023, 01:46
OK...Mongoose Traveller 2e question about character creation
with an Ultimate license...

Have made great progress in overcoming some challenges to having others find my campaign when they are at a distance...but have overcome my ignorance level...
ha ha with a +10 DRM....

Anyhow...How do I change existing settings so that new players can set their own attribute levels on their character sheets?
I can set their levels as gamemaster...but wonder how they can be allowed to do their own??

Many thanks to those who respond...:bandit::bandit::bandit:

Jim Bennett
February 11th, 2023, 01:48
As of Friday, Feb 10 65 views of this post asking for help have occurred but no replies?
Is it too elementary of a question? or does no one know answer?
Sure could use some direction?

Moon Wizard
February 11th, 2023, 02:19
This ruleset was created by a community developer named @MadBeardMan. Unfortunately, I'm neither familiar with the Traveller game system, nor the ruleset implementation on FG.

I'll try sending him a PM to see if he can take a look, but he has not been available as much lately to to RL commitments.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
February 11th, 2023, 11:57
Anyhow...How do I change existing settings so that new players can set their own attribute levels on their character sheets?
I can set their levels as gamemaster...but wonder how they can be allowed to do their own??
Are you referring to setting the Characteristic value? If so, I can do that as a player - either click to select and then type a number or hover over and use CTRL+mouse-wheel. If you're not referring to Characteristics, or it still doesn't work, please provide more information about the exact issue.

MadBeardMan
February 11th, 2023, 14:36
As has been stated by others, I can't be everywhere at once. So apologise in the delay here.

We do have a great community here and as Tremloe has stated, to adjust a players characteristics, go to the 1st tab on the Character Sheet and over-type the new value and press Enter when complete, so that it updates the MOD etc.

If you're looking for help on learning the ruleset, the fine folks over at Fantasy Grounds Academy have got content and run sessions.

Cheers,
MBM

Jim Bennett
February 11th, 2023, 16:53
Thx Trenloe...I could do that setting up campaign...but when new player at a distance downloaded or uploaded the DEMO and "joined" in he was having difficulty adjusting the characteristic stats...
I will follow MadBeardMan's advice below and check out the FG Academy for further direction...

Trenloe
February 11th, 2023, 17:36
Thx Trenloe...I could do that setting up campaign...but when new player at a distance downloaded or uploaded the DEMO and "joined" in he was having difficulty adjusting the characteristic stats...
I tested as a remote player and I could make the changes as I described. The main gotcha is that you won't see a cursor, even if you click on the characteristic number box - but the surround will change to bold to show it's selected, then just type the number.