PDA

View Full Version : Player has new computer- GTX 1660 Video. no images

Weepdrag
February 10th, 2023, 01:20
Hello all,
I have an issue. One of my players got a new computer with a GTX 1660 video card. They can't seem to get any images during a game session. No Character icon, no maps, no other images. We've done the usual checking video drivers, uninstalling/reinstalling.
This all started with the new computer.

Thanks for any ideas

Moon Wizard
February 10th, 2023, 01:47
If everything is working in the UI, but images from the campaign aren't coming through; then it's probably something on the user's network that is blocking the images. I'd have to see the screen they are seeing to be sure; but that's where I would start.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1981349889/Network+Troubleshooting

Regards,
JPG

BushViper
February 10th, 2023, 05:30
double post

BushViper
February 10th, 2023, 05:31
hello all,
one of my players got a new computer with a gtx 1660 video card.

r.i.p.

Weepdrag
February 10th, 2023, 05:35
Thanks Moon Wizard,
Two other computers on the same player network are having no problems at all and the "old" computer had no issues. I'm going to try a "blank" campaign tomorrow and see if the files are just too big (grasping at straws) and also trying to get them to remove the video card and use the native MB video as a test. Looking at the link as I write this.

I'll also try turning her firewall off, just in case the exception didn't get added. Thanks for kickstarting my brain.

Thanks again

Trenloe
February 10th, 2023, 08:56
I have an issue. One of my players got a new computer with a GTX 1660 video card. They can't seem to get any images during a game session. No Character icon, no maps, no other images. We've done the usual checking video drivers, uninstalling/reinstalling.
So, it's a new computer, not just a new video card?

Do the images shared open but nothing is shown? Or don't the images even open? If it's the former, then it might be something related to graphics/drivers; if the latter, then it's to do with receiving data - which is not the graphics card, but more networking - probably on the computer itself as this is the first time it'll be running FG (if it's a new computer).

Nylanfs
February 10th, 2023, 12:13
Making sure that the player's campaign folder is completely accessible? could be a permissions issue.

Trenloe
February 10th, 2023, 12:15
Making sure that the player's campaign folder is completely accessible? could be a permissions issue.
For players the downloaded campaign data is stored in the "cache" directory.

Weepdrag
February 11th, 2023, 00:13
***Update***
The issue was a DOUBLE firewall. The player had NO exception set in Windows Firewall and, had AVAST firewall installed without an exception as well. We added FGU in the exception list for both firewalls and BINGO! life is good.

Thanks for all of the assistance

BushViper
February 11th, 2023, 00:21
***Update***
The issue was a DOUBLE firewall. The player had NO exception set in Windows Firewall and, had AVAST firewall installed without an exception as well. We added FGU in the exception list for both firewalls and BINGO! life is good.

Thanks for all of the assistance

Awesome. I'm really glad to hear it.

Nylanfs
February 11th, 2023, 12:27
Yay!