PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands: Reloaded

defector
January 1st, 2008, 06:42
I've never used Fantasy Grounds before, but I've been considering it because I would like to play a Deadlands:Reloaded campaign. I can't seem to get my regular group to like the setting (and the Savage Worlds rules). Is anyone running such a game? I'd be willing to buy the program and join if you are.

Griogre
January 1st, 2008, 20:56
There is a pretty vocal SW group using FG. I don't know if anyone is using the Deadlands setting. Check out the threads in the Guild House (looking for a game) board.

defector
January 1st, 2008, 22:00
Ah Thanks! I didn't notice there was a whole board for that. :o

If no one is running a Deadlands game, I might be interested in starting one up. However, there are some rules specific to Deadlands that wouldn't be included with the Savage Worlds ruleset. How easy/hard is it to edit the ruleset to reflect some changes/additions.

Griogre
January 2nd, 2008, 06:32
It depends on what the changes are. Frankly, past a certain point I don't think it is worth the effort. Doing a new character sheet is a lot of work, changing a thing or to on a character sheet can be pretty easy. Adding some text information is pretty easy.

I did a Pirates of the Spanish Main "ruleset" based on the SW ruleset by DA. PotSM doesn't use the same edges as SW so I just put in the new edges and pulled out the SW ones. That was pretty easy.

I imagine Deadlands would be like that, though I am not very familiar with the setting in SW. I remember the original was kinda an undead western creepy setting.

Kalan
January 2nd, 2008, 06:36
About the only thing the SW ruleset (as it is now) won't do really well for Reloaded is the Poker hands. If you don't mind havin the GM do all the draws, out of the box it should do most of what you need.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else you'd need to code as the ruleset is already setup to handle the WoTB damage rules in DL:R.