PDA

View Full Version : Cyberpunk RED - Bug Reporting Thread

seansps
February 7th, 2023, 17:14
Hello everyone!

Please use this thread here to report any bugs you find with the ruleset so I, @Nightstride, and @Rough Patch can address.

Thanks!

similarly
February 11th, 2023, 13:29
Not a bug, but a minor formatting issue in the Reference Manual:
The "I" in a couple places looks like it's plain text instead of header text.
Here's a screenshot:

Also, I think something's missing under Combat Awareness rules:
In every other place the "for (x)" points" is a bullet point, but here it's not, and it also ends rather abruptly. Seems we're missing text.

seansps
February 11th, 2023, 13:57
Not a bug, but a minor formatting issue in the Reference Manual:
The "I" in a couple places looks like it's plain text instead of header text.
Here's a screenshot:

Also, I think something's missing under Combat Awareness rules:
In every other place the "for (x)" points" is a bullet point, but here it's not, and it also ends rather abruptly. Seems we're missing text.

Thanks for reporting! I’ll get these fixed up for the next build.

TrentLane
February 11th, 2023, 20:36
Just a small bug. The results for "Who's gunning for you?" and "What's Your Operational Territory?" seem to be switched in the character wizard.56171

seansps
February 11th, 2023, 20:37
Just a small bug. The results for "Who's gunning for you?" and "What's Your Operational Territory?" seem to be switched in the character wizard.56171

Nice catch! I'll fix that in the next build -- thanks for reporting!

CerberusScales
February 12th, 2023, 19:14
I’ve noticed a few bugs in my first running of the official release. Make no mistake, y’all did a great job. I’m just trying to do my part to help because with this many moving parts things will slip through the cracks.
1. Combat Awareness doesn’t allow NPCs to allocate points into any category other than Threat Detection unless the NPC is unlocked (NPCs are marked as READ ONLY unless copied and can't be unlocked).
2. Nova Cityhunter (excellent heavy pistol) ammo capacity is listed as 6 instead of 8.
3. Armorbreaking Combination (Karate special move) does not ablate the additional 2 SP on success.
4. Black ICE and Demons rolled all checks at -4 mortally wounded.
5. IP distributed from the party sheet went into total IP as it should, but was not put into Current IP and put into Spent IP.

Addendum: If any of these were result of something I missed please let me know.

seansps
February 12th, 2023, 19:22
I’ve noticed a few bugs in my first running of the official release. Make no mistake, y’all did a great job. I’m just trying to do my part to help because with this many moving parts things will slip through the cracks.
1. Combat Awareness doesn’t allow NPCs to allocate points into any category other than Threat Detection unless the NPC is unlocked (NPCs are marked as READ ONLY unless copied and can't be unlocked).
2. Nova Cityhunter (excellent heavy pistol) ammo capacity is listed as 6 instead of 8.
3. Armorbreaking Combination (Karate special move) does not ablate the additional 2 SP on success.
4. Black ICE and Demons rolled all checks at -4 mortally wounded.
5. IP distributed from the party sheet went into total IP as it should, but was not put into Current IP and put into Spent IP.

Addendum: If any of these were result of something I missed please let me know.

Hi there! Thanks for reporting.

This one is a known aspect of locked NPCs in the module. They need to be placed on the Combat Tracker before you can do such interactions with them.
Good catch, I will fix this one in the next build!
Same here -- I forgot to add the bonus ablation, for now, just set that to `2` and it should work, and add damage to it! I'll fix this.
For this yes, place them on the Combat Tracker and that should no longer happen. I'll look at fixing it so that it doesn't happen when rolling from one not in the CT.
This bug is already fixed in the next build :D

seansps
February 12th, 2023, 19:44
For "Armor Breaking Combination" in the next build it will look like so:

Clicking and dragging that effect to a target, or if one is targeted and clicking the effect button, will ablate their armor by 2 more. This should hopefully be in the next release!

Edit: Look for updates on Tuesday for the above and aforementioned fixes.

seansps
February 14th, 2023, 15:42
Hi everyone.

We recently became aware of an issue with clicking and dragging Cyberware from the Cyberware List to a Cyberware Table. It causes errors if both the GM and the Player have the sheet open.

We are actively looking into a fix for this and hope to have a hotfix available soon.

For now please use the following work around, which seems to work:

Drag cyberware to your gear list
Click the equip button here to equip the cyberware

I'll post back when it's all fixed!

seansps
February 14th, 2023, 20:00
Hi everyone! Please go ahead and run your updater. All the bugs reported so far have been fixed, including the hotfix for the above cyberware issue.

For the changelog see here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?76889-Release-Updates-for-February-14th-2023

It includes this additional hot fix:

[Fixed] Shift-click on humanity roll was not halving the loss
[Fixed] Errors when adding cyberware from the Cyberware List when both GM and Player have sheet open, or from the read-only Cyberware list
[Fixed] Max HUM not deducted for one Cyberware in a hand/foot

Vague
February 21st, 2023, 23:46
You are doing the absolute most! Thanks for the work!

I do want to report an issue I'm having.

I grabbed Tarot from the Forge and updated FGU afterwards. I went to start up my game and did not find it in the extensions list, so I continued loading the game and looked for it in Modules when it was finished loading and could not find it listed there, either. Forge lists it in my subscriptions as OWNED. FGU does not find anything to download on subsequent update attempts. I checked the Modules directory and found no new files, so I then checked the Extensions directory and found no new files there either.

seansps
February 21st, 2023, 23:52
You are doing the absolute most! Thanks for the work!

I do want to report an issue I'm having.

I grabbed Tarot from the Forge and updated FGU afterwards. I went to start up my game and did not find it in the extensions list, so I continued loading the game and looked for it in Modules when it was finished loading and could not find it listed there, either. Forge lists it in my subscriptions as OWNED. FGU does not find anything to download on subsequent update attempts. I checked the Modules directory and found no new files, so I then checked the Extensions directory and found no new files there either.

Thank you!

Regarding the Night City Tarot DLC -- we didn't create an extension for it but in fact opted to add a new option for Tarot with the latest version of the ruleset. You should see this under the House Rules section of the Options menu. We do support the Decked Out extension, so I suggest you Subscribe to that one and then load that extension prior to loading the campaign. (We don't include it automatically, so go to the link to Decked Out from the Night City Tarot Forge page and subscribe there.)

The Module should be there, though! All our DLCs are entered into the Vault, so you won't see the .mod file there (it should show a new file in the vault folder with the same UUID as the Forge DLC, however.) Search under modules for "Tarot." I am seeing it when I try on another machine, so hopefully it is there. You need to run the updater first! (That might be the issue!)

Vague
February 22nd, 2023, 00:11
Absolutely know about the Decked Out extension. I remember mentioning it to you back when it was the UNOFFICIAL ruleset. I also use the "Clocks - Blades in the Dark Style" https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/928/view to handle drug timing for players.

So, I figured it out. It absolutely did not download and would not. To fix the problem I:
A) went to my Inventory in the Forge and disable Tarot
B) opened FGU, updated it, then closed it
C) enabled Tarot in my Forge Inventory
D) opened FGU and updated it

This time it found it and downloaded it. It is now in my Modules list and has been activated.

seansps
February 22nd, 2023, 00:15
Absolutely know about the Decked Out extension. I remember mentioning it to you back when it was the UNOFFICIAL ruleset. I also use the "Clocks - Blades in the Dark Style" https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/928/view to handle drug timing for players.

So, I figured it out. It absolutely did not download and would not. To fix the problem I:
A) went to my Inventory in the Forge and disable Tarot
B) opened FGU, updated it, then closed it
C) enabled Tarot in my Forge Inventory
D) opened FGU and updated it

This time it found it and downloaded it. It is now in my Modules list and has been activated.

Awesome glad you figured it out! And that's right I remember that now haha, that's what inspired me to make this DLC w/ Decked Out Decks to begin with!

Weird that it didn't grab both the first time you updated... but maybe it was a timing issue. Glad it's working!

Vague
February 22nd, 2023, 00:26
Awesome glad you figured it out! And that's right I remember that now haha, that's what inspired me to make this DLC w/ Decked Out Decks to begin with!

Weird that it didn't grab both the first time you updated... but maybe it was a timing issue. Glad it's working!

I bragged to my players not more than 15 minutes ago. LMFAO

And I've had Forge do that with one or two other things I've gotten before, but it's not often at all. Hence why I didn't think to do all that before I reached out here.

CerberusScales
February 27th, 2023, 03:08
I'm still having an issue with IP distributed from the party sheet only being allocated to the total IP and not into the current IP as well. I'm also not able to manually adjust the players current IP value to correct this.

seansps
February 27th, 2023, 03:22
I'm still having an issue with IP distributed from the party sheet only being allocated to the total IP and not into the current IP as well. I'm also not able to manually adjust the players current IP value to correct this.

We actually just noticed this ourselves the other day- it has to do with two viewers (Gm and player) both using the sheet at once. We have a fix for this that should go live on Tuesday!

For now as a workaround, once all players have disconnected, you should be able to fix the count by manually adjusting one of the IP spent values.

Vague
February 27th, 2023, 07:22
We actually just noticed this ourselves the other day- it has to do with two viewers (Gm and player) both using the sheet at once. We have a fix for this that should go live on Tuesday!

For now as a workaround, once all players have disconnected, you should be able to fix the count by manually adjusting one of the IP spent values.

We had this happen, also. Took a little bit, but discovered that it HAD actually added it and just not updated the field. Found out when I added a negative number to the ip spent field, which it did not accept and turned it to 0 but made it update the field, which reported a correct ip amount.

seansps
February 27th, 2023, 11:50
Yeah - noticed the same workaround myself. The new build on Tuesday should have it finally working right!

CerberusScales
February 28th, 2023, 02:43
Yeah - noticed the same workaround myself. The new build on Tuesday should have it finally working right!

Y'all rock, can't say enough good things about the rapid turnaround time from bug report to response.

seansps
February 28th, 2023, 23:16
Thank you!

The latest build released today should have addressed the IP issue once and for all. It also adds Death Markers to the ruleset!

Vague
March 1st, 2023, 03:32
Thank you!

The latest build released today should have addressed the IP issue once and for all. It also adds Death Markers to the ruleset!

I see that now! Jeeze.... If there is a way for you guys to be more on top of this entire project, I have no idea what it would be. ;)

velvetsanity
March 20th, 2023, 15:40
Testing this out for the first time, learning how to use not only the ruleset, but FG in general, and I think I stumbled over a bug in the Complete Package character creation.

While purchasing skills, I added a Play Instrument skill and an additional language, and it added 4 extra skill points to spend (available skill point total went up by 2 as I added each of them). I had to spend them to finish creating the character, and then edit skills after to remove the extra points.

seansps
March 20th, 2023, 15:51
Testing this out for the first time, learning how to use not only the ruleset, but FG in general, and I think I stumbled over a bug in the Complete Package character creation.

While purchasing skills, I added a Play Instrument skill and an additional language, and it added 4 extra skill points to spend (available skill point total went up by 2 as I added each of them). I had to spend them to finish creating the character, and then edit skills after to remove the extra points.

Hi there, thanks for the report!

I am not able to recreate it locally. Do you have specific steps, or are you able to recreate it again? Note that you get 1 language from your Cultural Origin, and that language is supposed to always be at 4 minimum to start. So when using the Character Wizard you should keep at least one of the "languages" in the Lifepath step. Then on the Skills step it prompts you for the language from that list that you want to be your starting language at 4. (Of course, you can allocate some of your points to that language as well.)

seansps
March 20th, 2023, 15:53
Aha, I see the issue, yes, adding a language does seem to increase that. Thanks for the find! I'll try to have a fix for tomorrow's build.

seansps
March 20th, 2023, 16:15

Good catch! I just submitted a fix for tomorrow's build, should be working as expected once that goes live tomorrow.

velvetsanity
March 20th, 2023, 18:28
Be sure to check the fix against adding an instrument to Play Instrument as well, I think they each added 2 points? Or was it all 4 from the language?

seansps
March 20th, 2023, 19:22
Be sure to check the fix against adding an instrument to Play Instrument as well, I think they each added 2 points? Or was it all 4 from the language?

Looks like it was only the 4 from language, but good call out! What the code was doing (erroneously) was assuming other languages added were also cultural and giving 4 free points. The next release will do that only for the language added via the "Select Language" step. (So, it's important to make sure that that step is not skipped/ignored!)

seansps
March 21st, 2023, 21:18
The Language Bug in Character Wizard should be all fixed now with the latest live build, thanks again!

velvetsanity
March 22nd, 2023, 04:46
The Language Bug in Character Wizard should be all fixed now with the latest live build, thanks again!

Confirmed fixed, you guys are quick! :)

Naurthoron
May 18th, 2023, 19:18
It looks like EMP is not taken into consideration anymore in the skills, it is set to Zero whatever score you have in EMP.

seansps
May 18th, 2023, 19:25
It looks like EMP is not taken into consideration anymore in the skills, it is set to Zero whatever score you have in EMP.

Thanks for reporting,

What are your steps to recreate? Are you using the character wizard? If using the Wizard it should all be set appropriately.

Current EMP is set via Current Humanity, so make sure your Current HUM is set right; and your current Emp should be set right. Max Emp should be setting your Max HUM.

Naurthoron
May 18th, 2023, 21:19
Thanks for reporting,

What are your steps to recreate? Are you using the character wizard? If using the Wizard it should all be set appropriately.

Current EMP is set via Current Humanity, so make sure your Current HUM is set right; and your current Emp should be set right. Max Emp should be setting your Max HUM.

Thank you, indeed I was creating a character manually to prepare pre-generated characters for a module and its humanity max was set but not the current score.

seansps
May 18th, 2023, 21:52
Thank you, indeed I was creating a character manually to prepare pre-generated characters for a module and its humanity max was set but not the current score.

Ah, that’ll do it! Glad you figured it out! :D

TrentLane
June 14th, 2023, 16:22
Not quite sure if this is intended, or a bug. But after character creation I get these red arrows on some of the cyberware entries. Is this an error on my end, or smth intended?

seansps
June 14th, 2023, 16:25
Not quite sure if this is intended, or a bug. But after character creation I get these red arrows on some of the cyberware entries. Is this an error on my end, or smth intended?

Hi! This is by design.

The tables for Cyberware here use a height-based slot tracking system. So, that arrow row just indicates that the slotted cyberware is using an additional slot.

If more slots are used than the default amount for a location, there’s a darker line to indicate the “overflow”

Hope that makes sense!

TrentLane
June 14th, 2023, 16:31
Thank you for the quick answer! Makes sense now to me :D

seansps
June 14th, 2023, 16:38
Thank you for the quick answer! Makes sense now to me :D

No problem! The "Cyberware" section on the Wiki probably explains it better than I did earlier: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2140766219/Cyberpunk+RED+Character+Sheet#Cyberware-Tab

(Screenshots are of an older version but should still be relevant.)

TrentLane
June 15th, 2023, 10:09
Some very weird behaviour me an my player noticed during yesterdays session, and I just double checked with the newest patch.
The PCs have all their armor set up correctly in the character sheet, but it only gets taken into account after I as the GM open up the armor section in CT. Before that armor is just showing zero, and is treated as such in CT.
The first set of damage I dealt was before I opened the armor section, full damage went through. Second damage was after I opened up armor in CT, and then it properly takes armor into account. This is also after everything was deleted and re-added to CT.

seansps
June 15th, 2023, 15:13
Some very weird behaviour me an my player noticed during yesterdays session, and I just double checked with the newest patch.
The PCs have all their armor set up correctly in the character sheet, but it only gets taken into account after I as the GM open up the armor section in CT. Before that armor is just showing zero, and is treated as such in CT.
The first set of damage I dealt was before I opened the armor section, full damage went through. Second damage was after I opened up armor in CT, and then it properly takes armor into account. This is also after everything was deleted and re-added to CT.

Thanks for reporting!

I looked into it and found the issue, as well as several other minor issues with the Combat Tracker after the recent update. I just pushed a hotfix, so hopefully that will go out later today!

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2023, 17:26
Just pushed the hot fix for CPR.

Regards,
JPG

seansps
June 16th, 2023, 19:11
Just pushed the hot fix for CPR.

Regards,
JPG

Thank you Moon Wizard!

I mentioned this on the main thread as well, but I'll mention here.

Out latest fix removed some unneeded code that was delaying NPC loads. As such, you might see an issue with NPCs you currently have on the Combat Tracker missing data: if so, just remove and re-add the NPC and it will be resolved.

Calirae
July 31st, 2023, 01:21
Hey chooms! Had our first session with actual Netrunning today and we ran into an issue (well, one issue and one peculiarity)! Tried the forum search but haven't found any mention of this, so I'm not sure if it's some freak occurrence on our side, or if I'm bad at forum searches.

The SWORD program has a field that lets you choose if you are attacking a program or Black ICE (which changes the damage dice accordingly). When you click into that field once or twice, it will continuously cycle through those two options ad infinitum until you delete the Sword program and add it again. At which point the cycle starts anew. This is noticeable enough with 2 netrunners that it starts to lag FG, as the buttons in their character sheet cycle every .5 seconds forever (I can't reproduce this when I am the only one connected to the game, but as soon as a player messes with this button it freaks out).

Multiple Netrunners can netrun in the same NET architecture at the same time. However, FG's representation of the Net arch does not allow two player characters to inhabit the same floor at the same time (one will overwrite the other). It's no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I thought I'd mention it.

seansps
July 31st, 2023, 01:25
Hey chooms! Had our first session with actual Netrunning today and we ran into an issue (well, one issue and one peculiarity)! Tried the forum search but haven't found any mention of this, so I'm not sure if it's some freak occurrence on our side, or if I'm bad at forum searches.

The SWORD program has a field that lets you choose if you are attacking a program or Black ICE (which changes the damage dice accordingly). When you click into that field once or twice, it will continuously cycle through those two options ad infinitum until you delete the Sword program and add it again. At which point the cycle starts anew. This is noticeable enough with 2 netrunners that it starts to lag FG, as the buttons in their character sheet cycle every .5 seconds forever (I can't reproduce this when I am the only one connected to the game, but as soon as a player messes with this button it freaks out).

Multiple Netrunners can netrun in the same NET architecture at the same time. However, FG's representation of the Net arch does not allow two player characters to inhabit the same floor at the same time (one will overwrite the other). It's no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I thought I'd mention it.

Hi, thanks for reporting! The former is definitely a bug — we’ll look into that and try to fix it promptly.

The latter, you are correct. It’s a current limitation in the system: you can add tokens for multiple netrunners on the same floor and share with all players, but if they are on the same floor you’ll have to pick one of them to represent them both (until I figure out an elegant way to support more tokens there!)

seansps
August 1st, 2023, 00:42
The infinite update loop should be fixed in the next release tomorrow!

There is a known issue I spotted with regards to the Cyberdeck panel on the Combat Tracker of PCs: If the PC deletes their Cyberdeck, and adds a new one (or their Netrunner role) then the GM currently needs to remove and re-add the PC to the Combat Tracker. I am going to need to dig a bit more to figure that one out.

LordEntrails
September 12th, 2023, 21:33
Totally low priority and probably not worth going back for, but would be good for future product conversions. Just picked up the CPR core rules and while starting to read it (i.e. the Never Fade Away story) I noticed that there are a lot of hyphens that are left in the text, that end up in the meddle of lines and such. Might be worth a find/replace on future conversions when bringing in text.

edit: Just in case you want an example:

seansps
September 12th, 2023, 21:56
Totally low priority and probably not worth going back for, but would be good for future product conversions. Just picked up the CPR core rules and while starting to read it (i.e. the Never Fade Away story) I noticed that there are a lot of hyphens that are left in the text, that end up in the meddle of lines and such. Might be worth a find/replace on future conversions when bringing in text.

edit: Just in case you want an example:

Ah thanks for catching! We'll go back and give that a cleanup later.

Nightstride
September 16th, 2023, 22:24
Ah yeah, I first started catching those during the black chrome conversion. So anything after that that we did should be pretty clean. I think I have an entity code saved somewhere that we can use with find/replace.

LordEntrails
September 18th, 2023, 00:45
Some more minor stuff from Core Rulebook (players), Reference Manual

Page: "As a Cyberpunk Player"
Looks like a section titled "#4 Break the Rules" might be missing. I can't compare to the print version, but the sidebar/box on the bottom of the page indicates their are 4 rules, but there are only 3 sections here.

Page: Nomad, descriptive block, misspelling "pad" > "paid"
"My family came and went like the wind and people pad about as much attention."

Page: Exotoc Weapons
"Weap on Attachments" (space in word)

Page: Running Out of Cash
"Some People ara e willing..."

Character Sheet:
I noticed that when I had 2 Extended Magazine (Sniper Rifle) in my inventory and I dragged from the item window into my Nomad "Long Rifle" both quantities were removed from my inventory. Should not only 1 be removed?

Nightstride
September 21st, 2023, 21:34
Thanks for digging into those, I took a look and here's what I found:

1) I think that's a little cheeky thing from RTG. What we have is accurate to the book. Pg. 28
2) Ah, I see what happened here, those pieces are formatted oddly relative to everything else in the book, so the copy paste from the book got messed up. I'll see what I can do about cleaning those up
3/4) good find, I'll see if I can track that down, as well as others
5) We can take a look at that in the future. In the meantime, it should be possible to right click the item and split the stack

Nightstride
September 22nd, 2023, 00:17
There, most, if not a good chunk of those issues should be fixed in the next Tuesday update. Vs code and a spell checker ftw!

LordEntrails
September 25th, 2023, 02:44
Thanks! None of it was significant. Even the character sheet for the magazine was easily resolved. But I learned a new thing, that you can split the stack :)

Thanks for looking into and resolving these!

Shasam77
November 22nd, 2023, 07:04
The price for smartgun link says 100 but the book says 500 and the sternmeyer heavy rifle says 500 but it should be 1000

seansps
November 22nd, 2023, 10:49
The price for smartgun link says 100 but the book says 500 and the sternmeyer heavy rifle says 500 but it should be 1000

Thanks for reporting, we’ll get that fixed up!

tommenquar
December 17th, 2023, 01:04
Is there s'posed to be a D10 along with the D% for the selectable dice? it is no longer an option for me. nor is it something i can add from the options menu.

seansps
December 17th, 2023, 01:40
Is there s'posed to be a D10 along with the D% for the selectable dice? it is no longer an option for me. nor is it something i can add from the options menu.

There is. It’s a bug that was introduced with the latest updates :(

We’ve pushed a hotfix to fix this as well as graphical issues we noticed on the character sheet. It should be live in a few days!

seansps
December 18th, 2023, 22:10
The recent bugs around the dice and character sheets are now fixed on Live.

Also, you can now add NPCs to the CT by dragging their token from their record to a map.

Telccu
March 3rd, 2024, 15:06
I cannot make multiclass PC or NPC.
When I drag another role, it just makes a link:

seansps
March 3rd, 2024, 15:27
I cannot make multiclass PC or NPC.
When I drag another role, it just makes a link:

This will happen when dragging the role to the Notes field there (a rich text field.)

Try dragging it above the Role panel (or elsewhere in the character sheet.)

Poe the Homunculus
March 4th, 2024, 17:34
You should be able to drag it into the Role ability on the Action tab (last tab)

syddraf
March 25th, 2024, 02:15
I did encounter something odd in my players session last night. it seems that sometimes when critical injuries are auto applying they aren't displaying correctly on the character sheet. the effect applies in the combat tracker and all the damage and other bits of the effects happen as expected. But on the character sheet it will only show a blank entry. it happened when one of my Pc's picked up a spinal injury if that helps at all.

seansps
March 25th, 2024, 03:58
I did encounter something odd in my players session last night. it seems that sometimes when critical injuries are auto applying they aren't displaying correctly on the character sheet. the effect applies in the combat tracker and all the damage and other bits of the effects happen as expected. But on the character sheet it will only show a blank entry. it happened when one of my Pc's picked up a spinal injury if that helps at all.

Oh weird, I’ve definitely seen this happen before and thought we fixed it. Not sure what the cause is - but we’ll take a look. Thanks for reporting!

Poe the Homunculus
March 25th, 2024, 04:57
I did encounter something odd in my players session last night. it seems that sometimes when critical injuries are auto applying they aren't displaying correctly on the character sheet. the effect applies in the combat tracker and all the damage and other bits of the effects happen as expected. However, the character sheet will only show a blank entry. it happened when one of my Pc's picked up a spinal injury if that helps at all.

I had the same issue last night with my group as well. I think it was something for the updates.

Another thing was I kept getting s'onUpdate' messages in the text box whenever I opened, drew or selected something on an image.

Nightstride
March 28th, 2024, 04:38
I've seen the injury effect issue as well, but only once...my players have been lucky. I've been meaning to dig into it more.

as for the onUpdate issue...I'm not sure what that's from, I did a find on our whole codebase for the code that would trigger that text showing up there (Debug.chat) and returned 0 results, so it might be related to an extension.

Aech_23
March 28th, 2024, 05:25
We are getting a de-sync issue, I think. Where when items are being dragged onto the character sheets, they will appear as blank entires for either the GM or the player, but not both. Restarting FG seems to fix the issue.

Edit to add: This applies to Cyberware on both the Gear screen, then the cyberware tab. Also for ammo, as well as a Stim added to the medtechs pharmaceuticals section. Also blank entries appear under the "Moves" section of the action tab every time an item is added.

Nightstride
March 28th, 2024, 06:23
Hmm... interesting I noticed a similar issue with coc. I wonder if there's something going on with core fg.

Nightstride
March 28th, 2024, 17:16
I just confirmed against 5e, that issue appears to be there as well if you drop the item onto the character sheet while both the gm and the player are looking at it.

The workaround is to, as a gm, don't open the player's character sheet at all until the issue is fixed, then just use the party sheet to share items. For cyberware, you'll have to have your players just grab them from the cyberware list, or if it's custom cyberware, convert them to an item by dropping them into an npc sheet, then drag and drop it to the party sheet.

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2024, 19:30
I've just pushed an application quick fix to address the disappearing name issue. Can you please run a new Check for Updates, and try again?

Thanks,
JPG

Aech_23
March 28th, 2024, 20:46
I've just pushed an application quick fix to address the disappearing name issue. Can you please run a new Check for Updates, and try again?

Thanks,
JPG

Can confirm this fixed the issue for Cyberpunk Red.

LordEntrails
March 29th, 2024, 04:47
I noticed the LifePath - Cultural Origins table/window does not render correctly when opened. If you resize it (larger then smaller) it behaves, but upon opening it looks like the attached;
edit: same with motivations & relationships

Nightstride
March 29th, 2024, 04:49
Huh, strange. I don't think there's much we can do about that one, unfortunately. Tables are pure core.

seansps
March 29th, 2024, 13:02
I noticed the LifePath - Cultural Origins table/window does not render correctly when opened. If you resize it (larger then smaller) it behaves, but upon opening it looks like the attached;
edit: same with motivations & relationships

That’s weird. We didn’t alter the table records from CoreRPG, so I’d expect them to behave.

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2024, 05:35
That’s weird. We didn’t alter the table records from CoreRPG, so I’d expect them to behave.
Yea. Probably something to do with the new templates. Might be worth asking Moon next time you chat with him. Easily resolved, and might even resolve itself next time you export the module. Don't know.

Moon Wizard
March 30th, 2024, 07:30
I'm not seeing that on mine. What theme or other extensions are you running?

Also tried the FG - Dark theme, which it looked like you were running.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2024, 17:05
So I think I figured it out, or at least how to reproduce it. It seems to only happen when opened from the character wizard, not when opened directly from the table list.

To reproduce
- CPR campaign, load the Cyberpunk Red Core Rules
- Character > Character Wizard
- Method - Edgerunner, Fixer
- Click on link to the right of Feelings about people
- Note, it only happens the first time in any given session

Nightstride
March 31st, 2024, 01:02
I followed your method, but am unable to reproduce it. Does reducing the ui scale still show the issue? Not as a fix, but curious if it might be related.

LordEntrails
March 31st, 2024, 03:52
I followed your method, but am unable to reproduce it. Does reducing the ui scale still show the issue? Not as a fix, but curious if it might be related.
Yeah... it doesn't repeat in a new campaign. Given the old campaign I was seeing this in I had only used to read the books and create a couple characters I didn't think I needed to test in a new one.

I've attached the campaign is anyone wants to play with it, but probably not worth more time since it is old campaign related.60421

seansps
April 27th, 2024, 18:16
We did manage to find the issue with Critical Injuries sometimes not getting the name set right for the player.

We’ll have a new build going out on Tue to fix that one! As well as another bug we just caught with injuries that deduct a stat.

Meckerdrache81
May 5th, 2024, 11:32
Hi :)
Maybe not a bug and i'm just missing a step somewhere. It seems that the smartgun link for my npc isn't working. 60745
You can see that SGT Michaels only gets his precision attack modifier on the screenshot.

seansps
May 5th, 2024, 17:55
Hi :)
Maybe not a bug and i'm just missing a step somewhere. It seems that the smartgun link for my npc isn't working. 60745
You can see that SGT Michaels only gets his precision attack modifier on the screenshot.

Hi! It looks like your Smartgun Link is missing the bonus effect. How did you add it? If added from the item in the Core Rules module it should be working.

In Weapon Bonus try adding “ATK: 1”

Nightstride
May 5th, 2024, 18:14
I also verified against a new npc, and dragging the assault rifle to the inventory, and dragging the smartgun link to the assault rifle weapon mods appears to show up as expected. So it might've been a fluke when copying it over. If you open the smartgun link from the items list, and verify there's an effect there under the weapon bonus input, there should be something there. If there's not, I'd recommend unloading the module and reloading it.