PDA

View Full Version : Difference between version 1 & 2?

Silas1066
December 30th, 2007, 17:21
I have FG version 1, and I've played a few campaigns with it. Now I see ver 2 is out.

What is the difference?

nezzir
December 30th, 2007, 22:07
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5936

Jozie
December 31st, 2007, 03:22
Lots of goodies

Silas1066
December 31st, 2007, 16:41
Can the DM/GM take control of a player character?

The biggest problem we had was when a network failure caused someone to "drop out" of the game completely. Or, I someone can't play during that session, it would be nice if the DM could control the character for that session.

Griogre
December 31st, 2007, 19:51
DM controling characters works exactly the same as in 1.05f. However, what I do when a player can't make it, is free his character and have another player open the character sheet for me even if I am running the character. This puts the character "ring" up in the top left and allows drag and drop to the combat tracker which makes things much easier to track. I can usually run most missing player's charcters off the combat tracker and the character's spell mini list (if they have spells).

DarkStar
January 1st, 2008, 10:17
I haven't played with FG2 yet (just beginning to use it). I noticed the activate/release feature - does it mean one player can control multiple characters by any chance?

joshuha
January 1st, 2008, 15:31
I haven't played with FG2 yet (just beginning to use it). I noticed the activate/release feature - does it mean one player can control multiple characters by any chance?

Yes they can.