PDA

View Full Version : New Game Openings

Wraith
December 30th, 2007, 15:47
Hey I'm looking for some players. I am starting up two different games really one is a random open table game and the other is a weekly campaign that runs for about 4 to 5 hours, day and time not yet determined.

The first game will be set so that players determine time and day of play and will start when ever 3 to 5 players are available. All characters will start at 1 level and work their way up. The characters will delve deep into an ancient dwarven city that has been abandoned for millenia. Living Dungeon means that when you kill something the next time you enter the dungeon or maybe even when you come back through something else may be in its place. Some encounters maybe too high for some characters and some encounters maybe to low, it will be up to the characters to determine that. A season will start when 3 people are present and will run until the party leaves the dungeon, or 4 hours which ever comes first.

The second game will be a weekly game for 3-5 players starting at 1 level and running well into epic levels. Seasons will run for 5 hours on a weekend day not yet determined. Characters will have to be heroic and not evil. (character backgrounds must have a want to help others mind frame)

Games will be arranged on a pre-made yahoo group dedicated to both games. Character creation rules will be posted in the file section of this group, and will need to to be approved by the DM before being able to vote on game times. Game play rules for buying, selling, and anything else done between game seasons will also be posted under files.

I hope to see you all around the table.

l1wolf
December 31st, 2007, 01:34
I am interested in the 2nd option, depending on the campaign settings(time, day etc.).

keefer281
December 31st, 2007, 01:52
I am interested in either.

I do have a commitment every other Sunday from noon to 6pm (CST) for the last 20 years :)

Ricco
December 31st, 2007, 10:01
I would like run the second campaign if possible.

Malken
December 31st, 2007, 10:52
Im interested in 2nd campain as well. Tue/Thu/Sat work for me best, Mon/Wed I might miss a few sessions. Sun is out for me. Let me know if that works for you.

scytale2
December 31st, 2007, 12:41
Keep us informed - keen to play, if I can - am assuming Euro-friendly timings.

Wraith
December 31st, 2007, 14:42
Well it looks like I have plenty of interest so lets narrow it down. I had an old play of mine come up to me and ask if he could play in my new campaign so I said I would put him up for it. We have Sat. 1600 to 2300 EST or GMT -6 for starting times and we would run for about 5 hours which puts it to 2100 to 0400 EST ending time. I am looking for 2-4 people, and am using MODIFIED 3.5e core rules. Some of these modifications are...

Dying: Every round that a character is below zero hit points it must make a Fortitude save or die. If this save is made then the character can make a second save to become stable and then possibly a third to become conscious. With this you can go from dying in one round to being conscious in the next, or from being dying to being dead in the next round.

Magic: I am using a recharge spellpoint variant for spellcasters which makes the spellcasters a little more versatile in their spellcasting.

There are others but those are the big ones off the bat. Let me know what you think and we'll see how many stick around. If I don't have enough brave souls to try my variants then I will revert to standard 3.5e core rules.

l1wolf
December 31st, 2007, 16:51
I will have to look into the recharge spellpoint variant system, as I normally like to run Clerics. Do you already have the Yahoo group up for character creation rules and such?

Wraith
December 31st, 2007, 23:33
I will have the group up for character creation shortly... I figured it would take me longer then this to gather up a group.

I will have to look into the recharge spellpoint variant system, as I normally like to run Clerics. Do you already have the Yahoo group up for character creation rules and such?
Just so you know I also use the generic class variant which means all spellcasters are bunched up in the same category so a cleric is just a holy spellcaster.

Malken
December 31st, 2007, 23:45
Sat is a good day for me, sign me up =). Im on ET timezone, anytime after 5 pm, till 5 am should be good. Rules sound fine, Ill just play a basher type then.

Wraith
January 1st, 2008, 00:02
Do you already have the Yahoo group up for character creation rules and such?
The group is up so if you would like to sign up then you can find it at the link found below.
https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DragonfrostOfGoss/
or you can sign up at on the calender
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=57

Ricco
January 1st, 2008, 09:28
We have Sat. 1600 to 2300 EST or GMT -6 for starting times and we would run for about 5 hours which puts it to 2100 to 0400 EST ending time.

21:00 to 04:00 in GMT-6 give for you at GMT+1 => 04:00 to 11:00 :)

21:00 GMT+1 is good for me...

Wraith
January 1st, 2008, 20:12
It looks like we are leaning towards Sat 2200-0300 I have one slot open before I will start the campaign but there is three slots open total. If anyone is interested come one come all.

Ricco
January 1st, 2008, 21:17
The new year is begining, let them the time to be undrunked :)

eragon921
January 2nd, 2008, 02:45
I'd be interested in playing in either game. If there is still a spot open, that is.

Eragon921
Seth "Osprey" Schumacher

Wraith
January 2nd, 2008, 02:56
I'd be interested in playing in either game. If there is still a spot open, that is.
Yes there are still slots open in both campaigns. You can sign up for the normal campaign at the Yahoo group below.
https://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DragonfrostOfGoss/
and you can sign up for the dungeon crawl campaign at the FG calender link below
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=62
I plan on starting next Sat. at the moment unless something comes up.

Ricco
January 2nd, 2008, 12:18
I have applied to your new campaign I was really scary about you fired me :)

Wraith
January 2nd, 2008, 16:22
I don't have a problem with people that don't speak very good English playing in my games, but if it begins to slow down play we may have to figure something out or you may have to step down. You are more then welcome to play, but with the rule changes I have if I have to spend half of the session explaining a change then it becomes work and not fun for me. We can try it and see what happens.

Wraith

Ricco
January 2nd, 2008, 21:47
Good for me...

Wraith
January 3rd, 2008, 21:07
There is still one opening at the moment. Character review is scheduled for Sat. the 5th of Jan 2008 I will open up the server from about 1700 to 2200 EST. You can also sign up at the yahoo group below, or at the FG calender with a link below. The first session is planned for Sat. 12 Jan '08 starting at 2300 and running until 0300 EST.

If you have any question you can E-mail me at...
[email protected]

Shawn

Wraith
January 6th, 2008, 05:12
Looking for player's STILL. What happen to all the players around here.

KainVorador
January 7th, 2008, 12:21
I'd be interested except the dying modifications and spellpoint systems throws me off. As well as the generic caster classes. I love 3.5, and I'd love to be in an on-going campaign...just not sure I'd like the changes from the standard 3.5 rules. :o

Paladin's Pride
January 15th, 2008, 06:24
Are both the recharge variant and the generic classes the variants from Unearthed Arcana or some other variant?

Maslow
January 15th, 2008, 16:02
Have the Open Table sessions started? Just to be sure, what does Open Table mean? Does that imply that you can play in one session and then not in another (players can come and go as schedules permit)? If so, that might work well for me... I have extra time for the next couple of weeks. I'm on PST time. Let me know if a session is going to start.

Burious
January 16th, 2008, 10:27
I'm interested in joining DnD 3.5 sessions. I'm 32 and have played DnD for 15 years.

Wraith
January 18th, 2008, 20:26
OK I have been out of the loop for a min so I will take them as they came.

Are both the recharge variant and the generic classes the variants from Unearthed Arcana or some other variant?
The generic classes are like the ones in Unearthed Arcana, except that the spellcasters use my own spellpoint variant similar to that in Unearthed Arcana.

Have the Open Table sessions started? Just to be sure, what does Open Table mean? Does that imply that you can play in one session and then not in another (players can come and go as schedules permit)? If so, that might work well for me... I have extra time for the next couple of weeks. I'm on PST time. Let me know if a session is going to start.
No, the open table sessions have not started yet, and won't start until I have enough interest to start.
Yes, Open Table means you can come and go as you please no questions asked as your schedule permits, but there is no grantee that a game will be ready to play when you are. It is based on my schedule and the availability of other players, but it is more flexible.

I am glad to see more interest in my campaigns I think I was a little fast at the gun thinking something to happen over night. If you are interested I am opening the calender pages up again if you want to sign up.

Paladin's Pride
January 20th, 2008, 21:47
I normally DM, but I sure wouldn't mind having a chance to be a player for once. The idea of delving deep into a dwarven mine sounds like alot of fun to me. Will it be mostly kick-in-the-door style dungeon crawling or will there be a fair amount of character interaction as well?

Wraith
January 20th, 2008, 23:34
Will it be mostly kick-in-the-door style dungeon crawling or will there be a fair amount of character interaction as well?
Well it will mostly be kick-in-the-door style but as you get higher the top couple of levels will become character interaction since you won't want to hack through levels and levels of creatures that you won't get XP for. Like I said it will be a living dungeon so if you kill half the inhabitants of one level then the other half will fill in the empty space and maybe other things will move in as well.

Iliofol
January 21st, 2008, 00:29
I'll play. I got a kinda crazy work schedule, but they've been giving me less hours lately, and I think I can lock down a game night. Got any idea when you play for either of the games?

Pheonix-IV
January 21st, 2008, 07:03
I'm interested in joining, i have alot of spare time atm.

Necrosaro
January 22nd, 2008, 00:00
I'm down for a good ol' fashioned dungeon crawl..... i think the last serious session i was in we ran roughshod over a 9 floor dungeon for about 2 years straight. everything that wasnt nailed down was either taken or used to fill in a pitfall trap. And the layout changed drastically over our various "engineered shortcuts"
XD

Pheonix-IV
January 22nd, 2008, 00:39
Gotta love roleplaying.

Wraith
January 30th, 2008, 20:34
Open table has started and I have 4 open sets to play on 30 Jan 2008 at 1500 CST. If anyone wants to sit down you can sign up at the calender just see the link below. One player is already on and ready to go.

Wraith
January 30th, 2008, 23:03
Open table is up and running come one come all we need brave adventures to venture into the depths of the dwarven ruins and reclaim the artifacts that lie within. I have a sorcerer ready to play today if anyone is interested we set up a game for tomorrow. Come take a look.Here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=62)

Wraith
February 5th, 2008, 03:46
Open Table is underway. I have a Dwarven Fighter and an Elven Sorcerer, but because of lack of interest they are going to have to make two characters a piece so they don't die so easily. I have also amended my rules so that two players can set a session if at least one player plays two characters. Right now the best time to get in is on Monday or Tuesday after 1900 CST. Come check it out.

aBhoRTioN
February 6th, 2008, 07:36
I just got FG, totally new to the game, and this sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, awesome. If you don't mind playing with a newbie, I'm game. Either day works for me. I'm gonna start building my character :)

Wraith
February 7th, 2008, 01:48
No I don't mind playing with noobs, newbies, or even neverbefores. All are welcome and you can choose when you play just by setting it up on the calender.

Wraith
February 10th, 2008, 17:21
I have three active players two of which have already reached second level. I can run a dungeon almost any night of the week or weekend, and can play with anywhere from two to five players. If anyone else out there is interested come and check it out.Dragonfrost Open Table (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=62)

Jono_K
February 10th, 2008, 19:01
When will you have the next open table game? If it fits my schedule (Mountain Time after 1900), I will be happy to join. I am new to FG (only played a couple games) but I have been roleplaying for a few years now.

mikehh
February 10th, 2008, 20:32
I have ran two sessions with Wraith and its a blast. He does a great job is is very helpfull.

Im hoping to run one tonight if I can get one more person to go with me and Wraith to DM it......

COME ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!! :pirate:

jasonisop
February 10th, 2008, 21:28
if no on shows up for the game I am running ill play

Jono_K
February 10th, 2008, 22:34
I can't make it during the week ends, I was thinking more week nights. I will check again to see if there will be an open table during the week. Thanks and have a good game

Wraith
February 11th, 2008, 01:05
I set up a time for Mon and Tue, but I will more then likely only play one of the two. Unless I get alot of bites. See you around the table.

Malken
February 11th, 2008, 01:32
Ill try to make one of those two days, what books/characters/point by system you using? so I can have a character ready if the need be, and what is needed in the party currently?

Wraith
February 17th, 2008, 00:02
You can use anything in the Core 3.5e books. Character creation is a standard 28 point buy system. You can find this in the 3.5e DMG. Other variables namely hit points and starting gold are maxed. Any more questions please PM me.