PDA

View Full Version : 5E - Prepared Enhancement

Zarestia
January 27th, 2023, 13:49
I'm playing a character with new options from Tasha's and Monsters of the Multiverse and didn't want extra bookkeeping with usage updates, so I wrote this little extension (which imho really should've been in the ruleset after the book updates, but yeah).

This extension adds a cycler before the prepared number with which you can let the usages of action scale with an attribute or proficiency.

GitHub: https://github.com/ZarestiaDev/Prepared-Enhancement
Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1008/view

All attributes (ability scores) and proficiency are available as selection.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/images/4c673fe5d9157f46b67c5f7a3b5e0ef0.jpeg

Dax Doomslayer
January 27th, 2023, 15:49
Definitely a QoL extension. Thanks Zarestia!!

nephranka
January 27th, 2023, 16:34
Very nice!

Have you given any consideration to things like Healing Light that go LVL +1?

Zarestia
January 27th, 2023, 16:59
Very nice!

Have you given any consideration to things like Healing Light that go LVL +1?

Thanks!
Not really, if someone has a list of abilities that use different measures of usage, please post them. I can then take a look at how to approach these (a cycler with 20 different things would not be helpful for example).

MeAndUnique
January 27th, 2023, 19:09
Thanks!
Not really, if someone has a list of abilities that use different measures of usage, please post them. I can then take a look at how to approach these (a cycler with 20 different things would not be helpful for example).

Personally, I would probably incline toward a dropdown using the same entries that go into the ability cyclers for e.g. damage (the ones that have all the classes as well). Because I agree that a cycler with all those entries is annoying to deal with, even if there is already a precedent in the ruleset.

BlazingAzureCrow
January 27th, 2023, 22:03
I literally posted asking for something like this earlier this week! Thank you~! Would you consider adding an option for half proficiency (rounded down)?

nephranka
January 28th, 2023, 02:17
I will see if I can pull together a list.

nephranka
January 31st, 2023, 02:00
I will see what I can pull together for a list.
Side note: this ext and B9's spell domains ext are interacting in very strange ways. For example: the button appears next to spells sometimes and there is some overlap in the UI elements. I need to test some more.

BlazingAzureCrow
January 31st, 2023, 02:34
I will see what I can pull together for a list.
Side note: this ext and B9's spell domains ext are interacting in very strange ways. For example: the button appears next to spells sometimes and there is some overlap in the UI elements. I need to test some more.

I don't use the spell domains extension, but I also have the issue where the button/cylinder is always present beside spells, regardless of what mode the actions tab is in (I would assume it should also appear in preparation mode). This occurs even in a campaign without other extensions.

Unrelated, but I do wish this functionality extended to powers granted through items ala Kit'n'kaboodle.

nephranka
January 31st, 2023, 02:47
I don't use the spell domains extension, but I also have the issue where the button/cylinder is always present beside spells, regardless of what mode the actions tab is in (I would assume it should also appear in preparation mode). This occurs even in a campaign without other extensions.

Unrelated, but I do wish this functionality extended to powers granted through items ala Kit'n'kaboodle.

Sometimes I reload and it is working as expected and others it is acting strange. I 2nd the KnK functionality.

Zarestia
January 31st, 2023, 13:39
Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look.
I'm not playing that much 5e at the moment, so I probably forgot something :D

Edit: Probably found the issue.

Zarestia
January 31st, 2023, 14:05
v1.0-patch1 Visibility Fix (https://github.com/ZarestiaDev/Prepared-Enhancement/releases/tag/v1.0-patch1)

Fixed

Wrong visiblity of the prepared cycler when loading the actions tab not in preparation mode

Forge update will take a while because it still needs to be acknowledged. Talks with M&U because of KNK are in progress.

Zarestia
January 31st, 2023, 18:22
Update is live.

Darth Decisive
March 3rd, 2023, 19:59
This extention is amazing! However, I sometimes have an issue where it will clear off all of my players' prepared spells for some reason. I'm not sure what exactly is causing it; I do have a lot of other extentions loaded, so it might be playing poorly with one of them. But I've experienced it on multiple characters after several updates.

Zarestia
March 4th, 2023, 00:30
This extention is amazing! However, I sometimes have an issue where it will clear off all of my players' prepared spells for some reason. I'm not sure what exactly is causing it; I do have a lot of other extentions loaded, so it might be playing poorly with one of them. But I've experienced it on multiple characters after several updates.

Thanks for reporting, I've found the issue. I'll put a fix out tomorrow, as it's really late here.

Zarestia
March 4th, 2023, 12:05
v1.1 Update fix (https://github.com/ZarestiaDev/Prepared-Enhancement/releases/tag/v1.1)

Fixed

Handler updating of prepared field

BushViper
June 13th, 2023, 01:51
Useful extension.

However, is there any way to update the field to include - Ability score modifier or proficiency bonus + x?

A fair number of abilities are mod or PB + 1 (or whatever).

BlazingAzureCrow
June 14th, 2023, 01:46
Useful extension.

However, is there any way to update the field to include - Ability score modifier or proficiency bonus + x?

A fair number of abilities are mod or PB + 1 (or whatever).

This would be super useful. Even if it just gave a second modifier box beside the first one to make a single static adjustment.

Fingersome
November 20th, 2023, 17:22
In the 2024 rulebooks it looks like a lot of class features will get x uses per Long Rest and regain x on a Short Rest too - having some way to account for that in players sheets without having to remind them every short rest would be a huge time saver.

Best example would be the Fighter's Second Wind feature getting 2 uses at 1st level, and regaining 1 every Short Rest.