PDA

View Full Version : Switching graphic sets?

nezzir
December 26th, 2007, 02:16
I'm currently developing a module for Savage Worlds based on the Fallout world. It would be cool to be able to switch graphic sets without modifying the ruleset. I was wondering if anyone had considered something along this lines. Is this even possible?

VenomousFiligree
December 26th, 2007, 14:08
I'm currently developing a module for Savage Worlds based on the Fallout world.Nice!! :)

However, I can't answer your questions... :(

joshuha and kalan are the ones to speak to about the Savage Worlds ruleset, although it sounds like more of an FG question, so there'll be lots of answers soon!

:)
MB

joshuha
December 26th, 2007, 14:26
Well there isn't really a way to do it without modifying the ruleset. I would recommend creating a copy of the folder and call it something like SavageWorlds_Fallout or whatver. Change out the graphics files and in the base.xml add:

<importinfo>
<acceptfrom ruleset="SavageWorlds" />
</importinfo>

This will allow you to still use the modules from the SavageWorlds ruleset. Your players will of course download your new ruleset upon their next conneciton so be prepared for that.

nezzir
December 26th, 2007, 15:04
Thanks. I was kind of hoping there would be a script that could redefine the location the graphics were pulled from. Integrating something like this into a open RPG system like Savage Worlds would be great.

In the meantime though, I want as little ruleset impact as possible, so, I'll simply create a module that can be activated inside the default ruleset.

I've collected most of the source material I need for the module. I'm starting to put it all together now. Duck and Cover! Fallout module incoming!

I'm dividing it up into a GM Module, Player Module, and perhaps a scenario. I'll post it when I'm done along with the conversion PDF for PnP RPG.