PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Ways to Change an Option in the Options Manager

Minty23185Fresh
January 25th, 2023, 18:43
Are there alternate ways to toggle or change the value of an Option in the Options Manager (little gear in the upper right of the FG table top)?

Obviously, opening the Options Manager, scrolling down to the Option of interest and selecting the desired value is the proper way to do this.

Once in a while I have need to toggle an option for just one or two dice rolls.
Examples are, and they are just exmples, turning "Game: Chat: Show GM Rolls" on or off momentarily, turning "House Rules: Combat: Auto death saves" on or off momentarily.

Ideally, I would embed some little link control in my Story entry, just like I can embed links to an Encounter, a Scroll, a Map, or an Item.
Then while running the campaign, if and when I needed to toggle the specific option, I could do so.

Alternatively, using a hot key would work.

Yes, yes, I know, I'm pretty sure I can link the Options Manager, but I want the specific Option.

I could not find an extension that does this. But maybe I missed it.

Thanks for your help.

Zacchaeus
January 25th, 2023, 19:04
Open up options and drag the button on the far left for the one that you want into a quick bar slot. Then toggle the option and drag the same button into another slot on the quickbar.

Is this what you are looking for?

ju95
January 25th, 2023, 20:39
For hiding some GM rolls, you could use the Dice Tower, as that does hide all rolls still.

Trenloe
January 25th, 2023, 22:23
As Zacchaeus mentions, there's a link to the left of the option:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55975

And there'll be some text in the chat window reporting something like "Setting option (Dice: Manual entry) = On" when a hotkey with an options link is pressed - this isn't seen by the players.

Minty23185Fresh
January 26th, 2023, 15:16
Doh!

Thanks Zacchaeus and Trenloe. It's precisely one of the alternatives I was seeking.

Ironic. Something is right in front of your nose, and you can't see it until someone puts your nose in it! :o