PDA

View Full Version : Is a Bullet Point a graphic or a text character?

Minty23185Fresh
January 20th, 2023, 02:51
Bullet points separate the list items in a List text type of a Story entry. Are the bullet points a graphic or are they an actual text character?

I like to have bullet points in my "read to player" chat boxes. I simply embed one of the extended ascii characters in the text that is in the Story chat boxes.

In FGC one of the extended ascii characters, when displayed in the Story or in the table top Chat Box it looked just like the bullet point in a Story List.

FGU's default font doesn't have such a character, the displayed text for ascii 164 is a hollow version (a hollow point? :o ).

I'm hoping the bullet points are actual textual characters that I can somehow reference in my stream of text to get bullet points instead of "hollow points".

Here's a screen shot.

Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Moon Wizard
January 20th, 2023, 03:22
Bullets in FG formatted text fields are literally graphical filled squares.

For fonts, FG uses the Noto Sans font for the best Unicode support. Any character available in that font should be available for you to use (as long as you can figure out how to get it into text field). Maybe •?

Regards,
JPG

Minty23185Fresh
January 20th, 2023, 04:04
Bullets in FG formatted text fields are literally graphical filled squares.

For fonts, FG uses the Noto Sans font for the best Unicode support. Any character available in that font should be available for you to use (as long as you can figure out how to get it into text field). Maybe •?

Thank you very much, Moon Wizard, I see now that I was limiting myself to 256 possible characters. How silly of me.

The code you gave me is better than what I had. Thanks.

Jiminimonka
January 20th, 2023, 07:05
Thank you very much, Moon Wizard, I see now that I was limiting myself to 256 possible characters. How silly of me.

The code you gave me is better than what I had. Thanks.

I'm avoiding that Bakery!

Griogre
January 20th, 2023, 18:25
Who wouldn't want to go to a bakery called "Cthulhu's Treats and Sweets"...

Minty23185Fresh
January 21st, 2023, 04:52
Found it. I had to look through about 10,000 symbols...
Decimal 9632, as in &#9632 ;

superteddy57
January 21st, 2023, 17:45
Neat, I tend to just use the •. I insert it with ALT + 7. I'll keep that in my back pocket.