PDA

View Full Version : update forge items only option

Morenu
January 17th, 2023, 14:29
I wanted to know if there was a way to only update forge items and not FGU. In trying to find a stable point where all our extensions work on the Unity version we are on, I have had a few times where when i want to update an extension but do NOT want to update to the newest Unity release. this is especially true when out game day is only a day or two away.

Zacchaeus
January 17th, 2023, 15:29
No, when you update everything that requires it will update. Extensions should only 'break' when their is a client or ruleset update so keep an eye on the announcements in the Laboratory forum where advance notice of such things is given.

Trenloe
January 17th, 2023, 15:29
There's not an option like that - as the best place to be is fully updated on all aspects - FG and Forge products. Otherwise there'd be situations when people weren't properly updated in only some aspects and that would be a support nightmare.

You could try manually doing a backup, updating and then copying back the stuff you want to be from before the update. But you'd pretty much be on your own here and if you have any support issues you'd need to verify in a fully updated environment.