PDA

View Full Version : Pictures?

mancub72
December 20th, 2007, 20:24
Greetings all, I am trying to modify the ruleset so I could add another tab in the monster pallet. In this new pallet I want to be able to have a picture of the monster. I have downloaded the pictures from WOTC website and converted them to the PNG format. Also I have made replacement for the pallet box. Could somebody help me out please. Thank you.

Blue Haven
December 20th, 2007, 22:58
That´s a wonderful ideia dude!! that would be very cool to see :)

energizerrabbit
January 7th, 2008, 05:24
Greetings all, I am trying to modify the ruleset so I could add another tab in the monster pallet. In this new pallet I want to be able to have a picture of the monster. I have downloaded the pictures from WOTC website and converted them to the PNG format. Also I have made replacement for the pallet box. Could somebody help me out please. Thank you.

Sorry to rain on your parade.. but as a designer I am obliged to ask if you have the rights to use those images?

devinnight
January 8th, 2008, 01:30
He has the right to do it for his own ruleset.

It would be a great feature not only for monsters but personalities as well.

You could distribute the code to add the tab, you just can't distribute the artwork you have downloaded.

-D

jthm0138
January 8th, 2008, 01:42
Not to start a copyright fight but I would like to point out, that if he downloaded the pictures freely from the original copyright owner, as long as he provides a link to where the pictures can be found (for free) and he does not charge for said pictures, he is well within the letter of the law.

Malovech
January 8th, 2008, 02:26
WOTC allows people to download those images for personal use, not to mention that anyone can go there grab them and reprocess them. There is no copyright issue unless he goes to sell them or mass distribute them.

That being said, I don't think you can do what you are trying to do mancub72. DA just puts links to images in the xml files for the monsters and then packages the images in a folder inside the .mod. You can then link to the image in game and share it with the players.