PDA

View Full Version : Any update on Dual monitor support?

alloowishus
January 15th, 2023, 02:05
I know this is the number #1 requested change to FG, but I am finding it really hard to use without dual monitors. I use the Rolemaster system and the number of tables I have to have open is enormous, it REALLY slows down the game with the use of only one monitor. Is dual monitor even possible? I think it would be greatly appreciated by all DMs/GMs!

damned
January 15th, 2023, 08:49
It is not possible. Stretching across multiple screens or a bigger screen are your options.

Zacchaeus
January 15th, 2023, 08:55
I know this is the number #1 requested change to FG, but I am finding it really hard to use without dual monitors. I use the Rolemaster system and the number of tables I have to have open is enormous, it REALLY slows down the game with the use of only one monitor. Is dual monitor even possible? I think it would be greatly appreciated by all DMs/GMs!

As damned says it's not supported by the Unity engine and even if it were the way FGU handles windows (they aren't windows really) it isn't possible to drag one outside of the FGU main window. However you can stretch the FG window across multiple screens which amounts to the same thing. Just grab the side of the window and pull it across onto your second screen.

alloowishus
January 15th, 2023, 18:56
Ok then should it be removed from the whishlist website?

Zacchaeus
January 15th, 2023, 19:03

It was but someone put it back in. And if it's removed then someone will just keep putting it back in.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2023, 19:21
Things could change. The Unity platform used by FG may start supporting it at some time in the future.

Morenu
January 17th, 2023, 12:17
Just a thought, what about a way to log in a second time as the DM OR as a Player and run 2 windows? I know as a DM I can log in as a player but that only gives me player level control (although that can still be helpful)

Trenloe
January 17th, 2023, 12:58
Just a thought, what about a way to log in a second time as the DM OR as a Player and run 2 windows? I know as a DM I can log in as a player but that only gives me player level control (although that can still be helpful)
You can't have two GM instances running against the same campaign, they'll clash and probably corrupt the campaign data file.

LordEntrails
January 17th, 2023, 16:26
Yes, you will corrupt the campaign data file if you have two GM instances in the same campaign. Been there, done that.

alloowishus
January 18th, 2023, 14:56
Ok, stretching it is. :)