PDA

View Full Version : Issue with the data panel not displaying correctly when maximizing the image window

Exail
January 14th, 2023, 23:13

If these ^^^ pictures display they demonstrate my issue. If not what’s happening is the data panel’s text becomes hidden as the whole panel becomes amber in colour. The options still exist and with some random clicking I can find them but they remain hidden visually.

Zarestia
January 14th, 2023, 23:18

If these ^^^ pictures display they demonstrate my issue. If not what’s happening is the data panel’s text becomes hidden as the whole panel becomes amber in colour. The options still exist and with some random clicking I can find them but they remain hidden visually.

What ruleset and theme do you use?

Exail
January 14th, 2023, 23:50
Star Trek Adventures, but the guy on the fantasy grounds / Star Trek 2D20 discord sent me to this forum to post. He said, “That is an issue with the core system and not related to star trek 2d20. It would be best to post a report to the forums.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?107-The-House-of-Healing-Fantasy-Grounds,” and, “ Well the way it works is STA is built upon the main ruleset CoreRPG that provides those features. So STA code isn't always the issue. Plus making a post will mean it wont' get lost here.”

Trenloe
January 15th, 2023, 08:25
Welcome to the FG forums!

Thanks for reporting the issue. I can't recreate in CoreRPG. Could you collect the FG logs for us please? Recreate the issue then follow the "Method 3" steps outlined here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1242136781/How+to+Compile+Logs Then please post the resulting ZIP file in this thread.

Exail
January 15th, 2023, 11:47

Trenloe
January 15th, 2023, 12:05
Thanks for providing the logs. Nothing looks out of place there.

I've asked the dev to take a look.

EDIT: it appears the following doesn't help as a workaround. One thing to try, as a work around, once you've changed the image to desktop mode (once click of the up-right arrow) and the issue occurs, does pressing the lock/unlock icon make a difference? One press should close the amber coloured sidebar, then another click should re-open it - is the issue still there after doing this?

Trenloe
January 15th, 2023, 13:38
@Exail - this will be looked at this next week, when the devs are back from the long holiday weekend. Until then, the "workaround" is to not put images in desktop mode if you want to use the image edit toolbar.

You could try using another theme and see if that helps, but then you'd lose all/most of the Star Trek theme, which might be worse! ;-)

Exail
January 15th, 2023, 13:45

Ya it still comes back amber, but as far as workarounds go it only affects the data panel when the image window is maximized when I restore it down to windowed the data panel returns to purple with black font and the options are visible again. I’d just rather have the menu available when the image is maximized.

superteddy57
January 15th, 2023, 14:00
Can you load another theme and see if it shows the same as you are experiencing? I believe it might be related to the theme itself and controls are just being set to the same color.

Exail
January 15th, 2023, 14:27

Picture 1 - (img windowed) the STA rule set with the FG LIGHT theme
Picture 2 - (img maximized) the STA rule set with the FG LIGHT theme
Picture 3 - (img windowed) Core RPG rule set default theme
Picture 4 - (img maximized) Core RPG rule set default theme

superteddy57
January 15th, 2023, 14:29
Thanks, so it does appear to be an issue with the text matching the panel color. Appreciate the report.

superteddy57
January 15th, 2023, 14:29
The workaround till a solution could be found is using another theme if you can.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2023, 14:30

Picture 1 - (img windowed) the STA rule set with the FG LIGHT theme
Picture 2 - (img maximized) the STA rule set with the FG LIGHT theme
Picture 3 - (img windowed) Core RPG rule set default theme
Picture 4 - (img maximized) Core RPG rule set default theme
Yep, we understand the issue.

@superteddy57's suggestion (as well as mine) was to load another them in the Star Trek ruleset - not load another ruleset, we've already tested that. Themes are extensions that change the graphical interface.

On the Load Campaign screen for a Star Trek campaign, select a theme from the "Extensions" section.

superteddy57
January 15th, 2023, 14:36
I think the issue won't go away with another theme, as the theme would have to overwrite the panel. Not sure if one does so, but would be the workaround if a theme does that. In any case, something to add to my list to fix and find a better solution.

superteddy57
January 16th, 2023, 20:19
pushed a hotfix to address this.