PDA

View Full Version : LFP 2 for a weekly Saturday night Spelljammer campaign

Ravenpoe
January 12th, 2023, 22:16
FG License: DM has Ultimate license so players just need the demo
Game System: DND 5E

Time Zone: PST
Day of week and time: Saturday night between 4 pm to 7 pm
If new game, planned start date: 0 session on the 14th with the first game session on the 21st.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly three hour game.
Term: The game is looking like it will be at least four months.

Text or Voice: Discord for voice and out of game planning
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? The game is not recorded or live-streamed and currently has no plans of being so.

Roleplay & Combat mix: the mix varies by week
Number of Players in game & needed: already have four player and looking for two more.
Character starting level & equipment: characters will start at level 1 for a quick pre-adventure and level up afterwards for the main campaign.
Character restrictions: All book using the most current version is allowed except Rick and Morty, Critical Role and Stranger Things book. Ability Scores should be either point buy or the standard array. Rolls used in character creation (such as This is Your Life) should be done in game with the DM.

Details of your scenario: The game is mostly the Spelljammer adventure book with a quick one-shot mini adventure to introduce the player characters to each other.

To Join: Just tell me a little bit about your RPG experience and what do you look for in a game.

Kahu
January 12th, 2023, 23:48
... interested to try out Spelljammer... got Sat night free! 8^)

I'm in a Drakkenheim campaign on Wed nights... I run a Midgard Southlands game on Thu nights... Been playing DnD and derivatives for many years, since basic tech school back in... well, let's just say I remember a booklet called Chainmail. (Lost it in Korea, but that led to other things). Been playing in or running FGU just under a year, seems there's always some facet to learn still.

If I get in, I'm guessing we can discuss party makeup in Discord?

8^)

.. oh... "what do i look for in a game?"... ummm.. consistency... not a rules lawyer (at least not all the time)... I like my challenges and altercations, but they don't always have to be hack and slash, it's called a Roleplaying game after all. hehe

Emerald_wind
January 13th, 2023, 06:42
Very interested in playing Spelljammer for 5e!

I'm currently playing in a 5e Tyranny of Dragons game on a different night. I've been playing D&D and other RPGs since the dawn of time (well ok maybe not QUITE that long), but I remember the Red Box when it was new... I learned to DM when AD&D came out... I have played just about anything you can imagine from a half-orc bard who could not sing to a one armed Paladin Cavalier, from a Giant Ant to an Intelligent Dagger,

What do I seek in a game? Fairness, Fun, Fantasy. I hate to see a player singled out for 'special' treatment either good or bad. I don't care if the same is silly or serious, humorous or horrific, as long as we're all having fun doing it. I love playing in magical worlds and I love magical rewards. A quirky magical sword that's magic flickers on and off is still a magical sword! A talking cat that insults you're spell casting style that you rescued and it decided to travel with you because your really need a makeover is fantasy, but... it's fantasy!

I hope there's 'space' in your game for one more, I'm open to playing any character, and any class, and heck, anywhere!

Kahu
January 13th, 2023, 10:44
... now I'm gonna be looking for that cat! 8^)

Emerald_wind
January 13th, 2023, 16:17
Of course... is it a reward... or a punishment?! lol Of course now that I brought it up, I so have to use it in a game...

Kingdra
January 14th, 2023, 22:00
My discord is Kingdra#4779 if you're interested

I've been playing RPGs for nearly a decade (KOTOR, Oblivion) and I have only just gotten involved with DnD. I like the atmosphere of a party and interacting with people that single player RPGs simply don't offer. I unfortunately had one previous DnD game recently (Saltmarsh) that went up to level 6 which ended abruptly due to scheduling conflicts that other players had, but I hope to get to know the setting of the book better and get a sense of the space theme that Spelljammer has to offer. I typically play full on casters, but I am looking to get out of my comfort zone a bit depending on the party composition. Above all else, I would say that I am a player who believes in developing characters as the story progresses, and I enjoy seeing everybody ease into their own respective roles!

tonka737
January 20th, 2023, 23:24
Hi, name's Alex. A friend and I are looking for a Saturday night game and we've found your game's time and concept works for both of us. I've been playing DnD for about 3 years and he's played for around 7 years. What I look for in a game is a a fun story and experience. I enjoy both combat and roleplay. I personally enjoy the tactics of combat and the story elements in roleplay. We have a few character concepts on standby and would like to roll our stats. You can reach me on discord at tonka#2922.