PDA

View Full Version : Demo and Full Version on the same machine?

Valarian
December 18th, 2007, 09:17
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if you can run the demo version alongside installed Full versions of FG1 and FGII?

There's another online virtual gaming convention (iCon08) being planned over at the Four Ugly Monsters boards. I want to try and run a couple of demo games to attract new players. Trouble is, I don't particularly want to have to uninstall my Full versions to do it. Especially as I plan on running some proper games as well.

Griogre
December 18th, 2007, 19:53
Yes, you can run them along side. It goes to a different directory. I don't have the demo installed right now on this new box, but on my old one I had the demo and both version of FG.

Sigurd
December 18th, 2007, 19:56
You can also log in as a player on the same machine you have the server license. It doesn't take another license to have a client as well as the server.

Thats how you can assign portraits to NPCs.

Its just not very useful to have a client as well as the server (most of the time).

Sigurd

Griogre
December 18th, 2007, 20:06
True on assigning portraits in FG, but Valarian remember that nothing in the demo is saved including characters before you spend any time on it.

Valarian
December 18th, 2007, 21:30
... remember that nothing in the demo is saved including characters before you spend any time on it.
I know, I was thinking of doing a demo session for iCon08 for new players. Spending the first hour going through the character sheet and build a character, then a short game. The demo clears for any further demo session. I was just unsure whether the demo and full versions installed in parallel. I uninstalled my demo version when I purchased FG.