PDA

View Full Version : Players Controlling Tokens

geewaagh
December 18th, 2007, 05:26
Okay, I'm confused. I am currently playing a Savage Worlds game and trying to let the Players control "friendly" NPC tokens. I have linked my tokens by dragging the NPCS to the combat tracker, then their icons to the map. Players cannot move tokens that are green.

Help! I have started the rounds but this did not make them available either. If the tokens are not linked then the players can move them fine.

I must be missing something......

Kalan
December 18th, 2007, 06:02
Actually you're not :(

There is a "flaw" in how tokens on Allies work with regards to the PCs. As such player's cannot control "linked" NPC tokens as well as we'd like (We're working on a solution to this!)

That said, the best work around we have right now is to just use un-assigned tokens for the time being, and label them by dragging text onto the token.

geewaagh
December 18th, 2007, 06:14
Vincent,

Thanks for the reply. I will follow your advice on the work around. Too bad the fancy FGII tracker cannot be linked. :cry:

Thanks for SW to FGII though, it is my new RPG rules of choice. Playing deadlands with it currently and about to start a Shaintar campaign.

Thanks again...

Greg

blibertore
December 18th, 2007, 06:18
Yeah that will help our game out alot...I am really looking forward to playing some Shaintar. Can't wait for the fix on those tokens.

Bryan

Sigurd
December 18th, 2007, 06:27
Hey Kalan, thanks for the frank open speedy response. I wish you guys luck with the bug fix.

And look the sky didn't fall in!

Sigurd

kalannar
September 15th, 2009, 00:43
Has his been fixed? If so how do you allow the players to move a linked NPC token?