PDA

View Full Version : Monte Cook's World of Darkness character sheets/ext

Calibre2112
January 6th, 2023, 15:14
Hey all, I posted this request on CoreRPG and then found this forum. Basically, wondering if anyone has a Monte Cook's World of Darkness char sheet or full ext for the game. Or, is anyone interested in creating one?

thanks
Cal

damned
January 7th, 2023, 01:21
Not Monte Cook - I have a Chronicles of Darkness ruleset here: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/3/view-profile

Calibre2112
January 7th, 2023, 10:15
Thanks for responding Damned and I appreciate the suggestion. But Monte Cook's version of WoD is based on a d20 system. A fellow GM in our group said it's basically 5e with some unique additions/alterations. Would you have time to take a look if I send you a copy of it?

Understandable if you'd prefer not of course.

thanks
Cal

PS: I can't seem to scroll thru your link on that page with the CoD on it. Was going to run it past the GM running this and see if he can use. Thanks!

Trenloe
January 7th, 2023, 10:30
Thanks for responding Damned and I appreciate the suggestion. But Monte Cook's version of WoD is based on a d20 system. A fellow GM in our group said it's basically 5e with some unique additions/alterations. Would you have time to take a look if I send you a copy of it?
It uses the D&D 3.5E rules as its base - so try using the 3.5E ruleset as a starting point.

Calibre2112
January 7th, 2023, 10:32
Thanks, Trenloe

Will do

Cal

damned
January 7th, 2023, 12:19
Here is the direct link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/732/view
Building a whole new ruleset is a big task. See if CoD is of interest or whether you can use D&D3.5E as Trenloe suggests?

Calibre2112
January 7th, 2023, 12:54
Thanks, damned. I am clueless with xml coding. We can use that sheet, but adapting or adding more functionality from the char sheet in MCWoD would be really nice. I've a fair hand at mushcode, but not xml. Would you be interested in just adapting the existing 3.5e sheet to add some other functionality for us? We'd certainly donate for your time and effort.

Cal

Calibre2112
January 8th, 2023, 14:36
Hey damned, looks like all we need is a box for 'supernatural' under the 'Tch' box on Main tab on 3.5E char sheet. Everything else will work as is though we'll need to tally various bonuses ourselves and probably 'add' the char types to the lists. I realize you have a video that actually goes into detail on how to add a math functioning 'box' (adding Sanity, I think it was) but man, it kinda goes a bit too fast for comprehension for me heh.

Can advise or help?

thanks
Cal

damned
January 8th, 2023, 20:29
Please mock up a screenshot.

Calibre2112
January 8th, 2023, 22:47
Ok, here it is damned. Thanks so much! Also, we don't need any functionality in the box. Just the label and box. PCs will keep their own tally, etc.

thanks
Cal

damned
January 9th, 2023, 08:48
So you literally just need something like this?
Is there a min/max value?
Is there a default value?
Should it show in Combat Tracker or Party Sheet?
Should anything happen to it when double clicked?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55724

Calibre2112
January 9th, 2023, 09:59
Hey damned,

Yes, just show on the sheet is all we need. I realize it's just a cosmetic change and should be simple. I've gone through the code and made some progress on where it's located but that's it. There are function calls I can't locate to see if they need additions, etc and so on. The graphic there was done by one of our GM's wife who works in graphic design. She kindly mocked one up for us.

It's just a box that we can type in any value as the Character Types each have their own way of calculating 'energy'. It does nothing else. We'll alter it as we need by just changing the value. Could set a default of 0 if you think it necessary. It does not need to go on the combat tracker and doesn't need a maximum value either.

thanks so much!
Cal

PS: that color scheme you have on that sheet is awesome as well as the layout heh.

Calibre2112
January 9th, 2023, 10:31
Here is where I think it has to go with what I believe to be the 'changes'. I know you don't need me to tell you this. Just want to show that I was trying heh heh. The below is a copy from our discord code channel where I'm discussing what's needed with another Coder GM

<number_charwounds name="wounds" source="hp.wounds">
<anchored to="hpframe" position="insidetopright" offset="120,27" width="40" height="28" />
<description textres="char_tooltip_wounds" />
</number_charwounds>
<label_fieldtop name="wounds_label">
<anchored to="wounds" />
<static textres="char_label_wounds" />
</label_fieldtop>

Starts with < of course...it got cut off in the copy

<number_charenergy name="Energy" source="hp.energy">
<anchored to="hpframe" position="insidetopright" offset="120,27" width="40" height="28" />
<description textres="char_tooltip_energy" />
</number_charenergy>
<label_fieldtop name="energy_label">
<anchored to="energy" />
<static textres="char_label_energy" />
</label_fieldtop>

everything with 'energy' will have to be added

His response:

yeah. the code for HP, Temp, Wounds, Subdual should all be what we are looking for

Cal

PS: to go into the <---Defense---> field is what I figured. Just wondering if I was close heh

damned
January 9th, 2023, 11:43
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/images/13b206ca26e45f4eb81ca9810d606ddb.jpeg

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/983/view

Calibre2112
January 9th, 2023, 11:49
damned, wow man. That's fully awesome! I can't wait to fire it up.

Hey man, was I even close with the code discussion above?

thanks indeed
Cal

damned
January 9th, 2023, 11:56
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<root>
<windowclass name="charsheet_main" merge="join">
<sheetdata>
<number_energy name="energy" source="energy" insertbefore="cmd">
<anchored to="touchac" position="below" offset="0,20" height="28" />
</number_energy>
<label_fieldtop name="energy_label">
<anchored to="energy" />
<static text="Energy" />
</label_fieldtop>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

</root>

<template name="number_energy">
<number>
<frame name="fieldlight" offset="7,5,7,5" />
</number>
</template>

Calibre2112
January 9th, 2023, 11:59
Thanks! My fellow coder and I will analyze.

Cal

damned
January 9th, 2023, 14:36
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55725&d=1673274951

To load up a new campaign.