PDA

View Full Version : a couple questions with gm characters

drakahn
December 17th, 2007, 05:21
how do i put portrats on characters created in an active session not at the offline character generation screen? also how do i use characters created in the offline create character screen in a game as a gm? i dont see any option to import these characters to the curent game. also how do you put a pc character into the init tracker like you would an npc everything ive tried does not work? i cannot find any thing in the search or on the online documents unless im searching with the wrong parameters...

any help would be apricieated.
thanks

Sigurd
December 17th, 2007, 05:42
Its a little bit of a cludge but you can create a parallel login to your server. Log in as a player to your own game using 127.0.0.1 as your IP address. As DM clear the ownership of the server characters and the false player can use them.

Its much more stable than FG1 but I haven't used it for very long in any game to give you any useful observations.

Sigurd

drakahn
December 17th, 2007, 12:33
Its a little bit of a cludge but you can create a parallel login to your server. Log in as a player to your own game using 127.0.0.1 as your IP address. As DM clear the ownership of the server characters and the false player can use them.

Its much more stable than FG1 but I haven't used it for very long in any game to give you any useful observations.

Sigurd

that requires an aditional liscence?

Mellock
December 17th, 2007, 12:36
No, you do that with one license. :)

1. Start FG and choose to run as GM
2. Choose the character you want to change the portrait of and release the owner.
3. Start *another* FG and choose to run as Player. (you'll need to choose a different name.)
4. Let the Player connect to to IP 127.0.0.1 (this is a loopback to your own computer)
5. As Player, choose the character and pick a portrait.
Done :)