PDA

View Full Version : Been awhile for me, is unity different than my old Ultimate version?

lbw
January 6th, 2023, 02:54
I have version 3. Ultimate, but mine looks nothing like Unity, I assume this is new? Is there a discount for old lifetime guys to upgrade to the new one or ???

steve

JohnD
January 6th, 2023, 02:55
Licenses are on sale for another 12 or so hours. You'll not find a better discount.

LordEntrails
January 6th, 2023, 03:08
Yes, Unity is very different from what is now called Classic.
First and foremost, Classic hasn't been updated for many many months. New content is not released for Classic, only Unity.
I don't know if their are still big discounts on upgrades from Classic to Unity. I think those went away when Classic stopped being updated. But, as John says, right now is the best time to buy a license.

There are a bunch of feature differences. If you look up the marketing from the time of the switch over, you will find feature comparison lists. But in short, mapping tools, Dynamic Line of Sight, 5E Character Wizard, Cloud brokered connections (so you don't have to do port forwarding) are the big ones I can think.

JohnD
January 6th, 2023, 03:35
Although unless I'm looking at things in the store incorrectly, the sale has come to an end. It was supposed to be Jan 6th at 1 PM Eastern or something like that I thought.

lbw
January 6th, 2023, 04:57
ok thanks Ill have to check it out.

ddavison
January 6th, 2023, 14:48
The sale ran through Jan 5 at 1 pm PST. You can reach out to support.fantasygrounds.com and they may be able to assist you in getting a slight extension on the discount.

lbw
January 6th, 2023, 17:07
I sent them a message thanks for the insight.