PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Modules - Name and/or Display Name

Varsuuk
January 5th, 2023, 08:19
I understand the difference between "Filename" and displayed names but I am confused as to how "name" & "displayname" are meant to possibly differ?

Or is DisplayName now the "goto" and "name" is a leftover? When I fill in both, the one that displays ;) in the Module interface is "DisplayName"
Is "name" now legacy and should be kept empty? When I googled for HowTos, they alternatively showed images with only one of the two.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2023, 08:27
The fields are described in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996644362/Module+Data+File+Overview

"name" is absolutely still used. "This name is used in all links to module data." So, If you have a story entry in your module whose database entry is encounters.id-0001 then any links to that record will append the module "name" at the end - e.g. encounters.id-0001@module_name

Varsuuk
January 5th, 2023, 08:53
Cool, I used "terror_at_wulfs_head" for name (assuming since "displayname" had "display" in it... this one was meant to be "codey") and "Terror at Wulf's Head" for displayname.