PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Warriors Savage Worlds One Shot

VenomousFiligree
December 16th, 2007, 14:01
One weekend a month and two weeks out of the year. That's what they say-- but with the need for troops in the middle east, you've been called up for active duty stateside. Well, it could be worse, right? After all, what could possibly go wrong while guarding a remote military research installation in the New Mexico desert?

This is the premise of Weekend Warriors, a one-shot horror adventure by Jerry Blakemore for the Savage Worlds system. Complete with pregenerated characters, Weekend Warriors is the perfect diversion when you need a break from your regular campaign or when your GM is MIA.

This adventure works best with a minimum six characters. You may run Weekend Warriors with four or five reservists, but the experience may not be as entertaining. This module is designed by 12 to Midnight for tournament play, and includes a basic set of pregenerated characters in the back of the module. While Game Masters may incorporate this adventure in their regular campaigns, characters may pay the price. The fun REALLY starts when the characters are killed, and a few should die. However, for the survivors, this adventure may serve as a springboard for an ongoing campaign.

Anyone interested in playing please post below, due to the inherent slowness of FG (compared to Tabletop play) it will probably span more than one session.

Will be ready to play during the first 2 weeks of January, times will be GMT.

Badgers
December 16th, 2007, 21:00
Count me in, MB!

Flynn
December 17th, 2007, 13:44
Depending on the schedule, I'm in, too!

With Regards,
Flynn

philth
December 18th, 2007, 05:44
me too.......if the schedule works.... i'm EST

VenomousFiligree
December 18th, 2007, 07:17
I've got some time off over the holiday period, would a GMT day session suit you guys on 2nd / 3rd Jan?

MB

Kalan
December 18th, 2007, 07:18
OOOO...if you can run a weekday GMT game either of those days I could be in :D

scytale2
December 18th, 2007, 11:50
I would be free on either day at the moment. Would be nice to reconnect.

philth
December 19th, 2007, 04:35
sry no can do

Kalan
December 19th, 2007, 06:17
Just say when bud! I'm actually kind of itchin to PLAY for a change ;)

deguello
December 19th, 2007, 22:15
I could play...

trnorris
December 20th, 2007, 01:35
Could do this, probably depending somewhat on if I get accepted in Shaintar. In any event Sundays should be free for me.

VenomousFiligree
December 22nd, 2007, 08:56
OK howabout we say during the afternoon (GMT) on Wednesday 2 Jan, anyone that can make this date and time please post below.

:)
MB

Kalan
December 22nd, 2007, 09:33
Sounds good on this end bud!

trnorris
December 22nd, 2007, 11:23
I can do this barring any work emergencies. Let's kill us some zombies! (or whatever they are)

Badgers
December 22nd, 2007, 18:07
I'll be ready...

Terhial
December 23rd, 2007, 01:16
Minimum five on Wednesday, huh? I'll apply for a spot!

VenomousFiligree
December 23rd, 2007, 07:33
OK it's looking good! :)

Can you please let me know if you are either new to Fantasy Grounds or new to Savage Worlds (or both!).

Also time to start choosing PCs, the choices are:

Driver
Grenadier
Intel
LT (must be played, one only) --- Badgers
Medic
Operator (must be played, one only)
Recon
Rifleman
SAW Gunner
Sniper

Unless indicated there can be as many of each type as you wish. If you take a PC that must be played, please ensure you can definitely make it.

Kalan
December 23rd, 2007, 10:04
Do you have more details other than just the position ;) I can/will play anything - just need a spot...

Oh...and I'm new to both FG and Savage Worlds :rolleyes:

trnorris
December 23rd, 2007, 14:46
Kalan, somehow I don't believe that last part. LOL.

I'll try the Sniper!

Kalan
December 23rd, 2007, 14:49
Kalan, somehow I don't believe that last part. LOL.

I'll try the Sniper!

Shhhhh...I really am a noob ;) :rolleyes:

trnorris
December 23rd, 2007, 14:51
To answer the other questions...

I'm new to FG but I've done enough messing around in offline/GM mode (with the Savage Worlds ruleset enabled) that I think I should be mostly okay on the technical side.

I've read the SW rulebook more or less straight through a couple of times (lol.. what a loser). Haven't actually got a chance to play yet, but I think that if I can get those Quick Reference tables in the back printed out I should be good to go.

DarkStar
December 23rd, 2007, 15:42
Hey, I would be interested in playing. Jan 2 afternoon is fine. I am not new to FG, have played, have ran games, designed a character sheet. I am new to FG2, though, as I had a very long break.

I am new to Savage Worlds and don't own the book(s), I can only get the Test Drive rules if it's any help.

An always important question to me - will you be using VoIP?

VenomousFiligree
December 24th, 2007, 15:09
Do you have more details other than just the position ;) I can/will play anything - just need a spot...The pre-gens are just a position and the stats, back stories up to you!

Shhhhh...I really am a noob ;) :rolleyes:Someone trying to mislead the GM already, eh... ;)

An always important question to me - will you be using VoIP?No plans for VoIP.

Roll call so far:

Driver
Grenadier
Intel
Medic
Recon
Rifleman
SAW Gunner
Sniper --- trnorris
Any --- Kalan

Sgain
December 24th, 2007, 17:15
Murgh, I can't tell you how much easier it is to GM online with voip than it is to just rely on the chat interface of FG, especially when helping new folks join the game or doing simple things like updating maps and such.

If you want I can set up my Teamspeak server for you so you guys can connect to it (or help you set your own up). It really speeds things up and uncomplicates things. Especially for the GM who just really doesn't always have time to answer every question while running battles, updating maps, changing character sheets, managing movement, ect ect....

Drop me a PM and I'll send you some helpful links for TS (especially the ones for setting up your router config). I understand that some folks have an adversion to Voip for some odd reason, I think its because they want to immerse themselves in their characters or something, which is cool...but a good compromise is to insist that all in-character activities is in the chat/dialog box and all OOC activites use the Voip. Also, if a player doesn't have a michrophone they can still connect to the server and 'listen' in to OOC stuff.

cya

Sgain/Mark

Terhial
December 25th, 2007, 19:16
Hey, I'll take the Scout. I could fill virtually any other role, I think. But what's the operator?

VenomousFiligree
December 25th, 2007, 20:04
Hey, I would be interested in playing. Jan 2 afternoon is fine. I am not new to FG, have played, have ran games, designed a character sheet. I am new to FG2, though, as I had a very long break.

I am new to Savage Worlds and don't own the book(s), I can only get the Test Drive rules if it's any help.

An always important question to me - will you be using VoIP?If you have a read through the Test Drive rules it would help, otherwise just come along and join the fun! :)

Murgh, I can't tell you how much easier it is to GM online with voip than it is to just rely on the chat interface of FG, especially when helping new folks join the game or doing simple things like updating maps and such.I've used skype before and don't have a problem using VoIP, but even though Kalan's a noob at FG ( ;) )I know for a fact he's not keen on VoIP.

Hey, I'll take the Scout. I could fill virtually any other role, I think. But what's the operator?To the person that takes him, all will be revealed! :D

Roll call so far:

Driver
Grenadier
Intel
Medic
Recon --- Terhial
Rifleman
SAW Gunner
Sniper --- trnorris
Any --- Kalan

DarkStar
December 25th, 2007, 20:59
I've used skype before and don't have a problem using VoIP, but even though Kalan's a noob at FG ( ;) )I know for a fact he's not keen on VoIP.

Neither am I. I played some VoIP RPG and I feel worse than on the phone, especially when using the push to talk feature. It feels so unnatural to play that way. It's definitely different than sitting at the same table. I don't mind VoIP for card or board games, though. Perhaps because there's no roleplaying involved.

The other problem is that I am not a native speaker and playing vocally in a foreign language is a tiring experience.

Roll call so far:

SAW Gunner

SAW Gunner reporting for duty, sir!

Kalan
December 26th, 2007, 08:34
Well...I guess bein the noob, I may as well go for the PMD position - which means I think I'll take the Operator mate :bandit:

Sounds like it could be intruiguing if nothing else ;)

VenomousFiligree
December 26th, 2007, 09:56
Looking good, roll call so far:

Driver
Grenadier
Intel
Medic
Operator (must be played, one only) --- Kalan
Recon --- Terhial
Rifleman
SAW Gunner --- DarkStar
Sniper --- trnorris

VenomousFiligree
December 26th, 2007, 13:55
PMs sent with orders. Do not discuss.... yet!

The rueset can take up to 30mins to download so I'll have the server up a few times before the event. I'll post here when it goes up.

The character sheets are already included in the mod, just select the appropriate one and customize as you see fit.

MB

nezzir
December 26th, 2007, 21:50
If the game is on the 2nd, I'll play the medic or the rifleman (Thursdays are my regular PnP group). I've really been itching to try the SW ruleset.

VenomousFiligree
December 26th, 2007, 22:03
If the game is on the 2nd, I'll play the medic or the rifleman (Thursdays are my regular PnP group). I've really been itching to try the SW ruleset.
The game is on the 2nd. :)

There will be plenty of rifleman "allies" (read player controlled NPCs), the choice is yours what you want to play! (even doubling up on the others if you want)

MB

nezzir
December 27th, 2007, 18:02
If the medic will be useful enough, I'll play him, otherwise "Recon".

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2007, 13:56
If the medic will be useful enough...:)

Roll call so far:

Driver
Grenadier
Medic --- nezzir
Operator (must be played, one only) --- Kalan
Recon --- Terhial
Rifleman
SAW Gunner --- DarkStar
Sniper --- trnorris

There will be a Driver and Riflemen Allies.

MB

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2007, 14:07
so what time to people want to start? How about 1200 GMT (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=2&year=2008&hour=12&min=0&sec=0&p1=0)?

DarkStar
December 28th, 2007, 16:00
so what time to people want to start? How about 1200 GMT (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=2&year=2008&hour=12&min=0&sec=0&p1=0)?

That's fine. I am free on the 2nd whenever it suits you. If we were to start so early how long would you like to play?

nezzir
December 28th, 2007, 16:04
I'm at CST (GMT -6), so that's like... 6am for me? I could actually make that time. I get up at 5:30am.

Kalan
December 28th, 2007, 16:27
Should be good on this end I think...it'll give me a chance to get some work done before I come in :)

Or play CoH...most likely work tho...*sighs*

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2007, 16:37
I can play as long as you'd like! If it's too early we can move it. How long would you folks like to play?

MB

Kalan
December 28th, 2007, 18:12
Well...I can only go until about 17 GMT - then I have to make supper ;)

So long as I get smoke breaks - don't much care how long we go ;)

trnorris
December 28th, 2007, 20:44
that appears to be 6am for me.. which I believe I can make. Just have to get me some Red Bull ;)

I have absolutely nothing else to do that day, so I can play as long as everybody wants.

VenomousFiligree
December 29th, 2007, 11:14
Any of you planning on playing female PCs? Tokens and Portriats to sort out!

MB

VenomousFiligree
December 29th, 2007, 18:04
The server is up and will remain up overnight (GMT). Feel free to log on to download ruleset and claim ownership of your PCs. Please do not take any PCs but your own as once taken you will become sole owner! I may or may not be around when you log in, however feel free to personalize your PC as you see fit.

Server alias warm fang firm wand

MB

VenomousFiligree
December 30th, 2007, 07:51
The server is now down, I'll put it up again New Years day and try to keep it up until we play.

Chatting with nezzir, the topics of Savage Rules rules came up. Which version of SW would you like to play, "Revised" which is what comes with the ruleset, or "Explorers" the most current version?

Some extra reading for playing Savage Worlds:

Savage Worlds Combat Survival Guide (https://www.peginc.com/Games/Savage%20Worlds/Downloads/SW%20Rev/Combat%20Survival%20Guide.pdf)
Savage Worlds Tricks (https://peginc.com/Games/Savage%20Worlds/Downloads/WftP7.pdf)

MB

Kalan
December 30th, 2007, 08:51
Just for ease, I'd say use Revised, but use the Incap rules from SW:EX. No sense converting everything in WW to use SW:EX...just makes brains hurt...

DarkStar
December 30th, 2007, 10:16
I own the SWEX rulebook, though there's no way I would know all the rules by Wednesday, I'm reading through it slowly and forgetting what I already read. :D

VenomousFiligree
December 31st, 2007, 16:50
Server is up for pre game downloading.

kalan, all I see that would need converting is the weapon damages which is no problem.

MB

Terhial
January 2nd, 2008, 05:34
Alright, I just had a time restriction put on my playtime. If this goes longer then 5 hours, I'll need to quit. A friend who's nearly gone blind needs a ride to a medical appointment and called up today to ask for a ride. Hopefully this doesn't get me out of the game early, but there's the head's up.

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2008, 08:10
No problem. I'd like to think we'd be finished by then.... :)

Kalan
January 2nd, 2008, 08:36
So when's the server goin up? Lazy me hasn't connected yet to grab the character ;)

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2008, 08:40
Bloody typical!! :D

It's been up for over 24 hours and i decide to reboot my system just as you make your presence known! ;) :)

It's up again now, but I may not be around until nearer the start time.

MB

Kalan
January 2nd, 2008, 08:41
Hey now! I been working ok :P Its hard work keeping you guys in Savage Worlds goodies ;)

Ok...I been fiddling around with my new site :P

DarkStar
January 2nd, 2008, 10:00
If this goes longer then 5 hours, I'll need to quit.

No problem. I'd like to think we'd be finished by then....
Glad to hear it. :) I am a PITA when it comes to whole day games. As a GM you can always kill everyone to speed up gameplay. :D

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2008, 19:25
Some musings from the DM:

This was the longest session I've done and also the session with the most attendees (6).

Previously I've often found that there's not been much room on the "tabletop", so this time I extended the PC onto a second monitor. The problems this caused were two fold:
It caused a drain on my system resources causing what I supose would be called stutter if I was playing an FPS. But it was only minor and I could live with it, however...
because I had the extra space I used it, having 2 large images (amongst all the other "stuff") further caused a slow down. When I opened the third was when the server halted, luckily it stayed up and after I closed some stuff down, the server carried on!

Hopfully this didn't ruin things too much?

Not being able to set up maps before hand also slows things down a bit, also I believe whenever I open the tracker to "fiddle" with it, it comes to the forefront of the players screen. Not brilliant when you're trying to set up surprises!!

Control of allies always seem to suffer as well, ie they're usually forgotten about.

Anyways, any of you players have any comments?

MB

trnorris
January 2nd, 2008, 20:19
Hey, I was the one playing Vasquez. I thought it was a really good session once the aforementioned technical troubles got underhand. This was also my first time playing SW in any form and it seemed to be a really great introduction to the system. It got a touch slow at times but it wasn't anything that ruined the experience by a long shot (and of course an adventure can't be pure action the entire time).

Also
Sorry if I went a little rules-lawyer-y/"option happy" with all my tricking and aiming and such, heh.. it didn't seem like anybody minded too much but I can tone it down next time ;). Basically SW has so many cool things you can do in a combat round and I wanted to try them out (headshot for the win).

The tracker did pop up a couple of times when I wasn't necessarily sure we were going in to combat but it really ruin the surprises too much. In fact it was rather ominous when "Thing" showed up on the tracker. :D

Kudos to the adventure writers as well, it really did have a "military vs. supernatural threat" going. And it started with an explosion, so that's pretty neat.

Any thoughts on when we might be able to continue? Based on the time zone we were working in today I think I would be pretty flexible.

joshuha
January 2nd, 2008, 21:10
Some musings from the DM:

Not being able to set up maps before hand also slows things down a bit, also I believe whenever I open the tracker to "fiddle" with it, it comes to the forefront of the players screen. Not brilliant when you're trying to set up surprises!!

This will be fixed in the upcoming patch for Savage Worlds. To get the player side tracker to keep track accurately it has to synch with the GM tracker on every change. In order for that to happen I had to share the window out.

However, in the patch this has all moved to the database so the GM will have a little checkbox they can click on which will share the window out if they so choose.

VenomousFiligree
January 3rd, 2008, 07:31
This will be fixed in the upcoming patch...
Nice to hear joshuha :)

Sorry if I went a little rules-lawyer-y/"option happy" with all my tricking and aiming and such
Wasn't really noticed this end and definitely not a problem! :)

Any thoughts on when we might be able to continue? Based on the time zone we were working in today I think I would be pretty flexible.
My normal gaming times are after 2100 GMT, to do it at a similar time (1200 GMT) would require lots of notice for a Saturday/Sunday.

MB

DarkStar
January 3rd, 2008, 07:42
That was a very good session, indeed. It was the first time I saw Savage Worlds mechanics in action and it works fine. Due to online play, I wouldn't necessarily call it fast & furious, though. It was more like slow & fun. :P

I would still like to see somebody pull off a one-shot online, it seems impossible to me, unless you drop all the dice rolling, this would have to be a narrative system perhaps.

The slowdown was experienced only once, besides that it was fine. I don't like the popping tracker, because I have a widescreen monitor and I have to realign and resize it every time it's updated. It would be great if only the contents could be updated.

Also, this was the first time I participated in a day session. I must say it is a good idea, I wasn't sleepy, we could play longer and I also had a free evening.

All in all, I had much fun and am looking forward to continuation, although while yesterday I had a day off I am back to work today and don't have so much free time. I entered this game, because it was a one-shot and although I didn't believe it could be completed in 1 session due to the nature of online games, I thought we would complete it in 2 sessions - think it's possible? It looks like there's a lot left. ;)

Thanks everyone for the great time I had.

Terhial
January 3rd, 2008, 08:40
Anyways, any of you players have any comments?
MB

Comments? What makes you think we would possible have comments? That is, besides the comments we're posting?

It was a fun session. I'm sorry I had a time constraint, but I enjoyed it. It's both my first actual Fantasy Grounds and Savage Worlds experience and I was impressed by a lot of what I saw, both in the features available and how you utilized them.

Control of allies always seem to suffer as well, ie they're usually forgotten about.

I have a couple of thoughts on this one. One thought is the allies should probably be assigned to someone to control, or each one given to a player. I'd guess we were all a little unsure as to who should really be taking control over them.

The other is, despite the hassle, name them (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0472.html). Without names, they're Rifleman x3. It's a small detail, but it helps create a little something to latch onto. It won't work for every player out there, but I have a feeling it would've worked for the group we had.

After names, an easy thing to do is assign a quirk or two. I haven't specifically assigned quirks in such a formal fashion, but I have a few stories were the flaw defined the NPC and the players still bring up some of those characters. I've heard plenty of other stories about quirks really making and NPC in other peoples games. Fredrick's just an NPC, but when Fredrick put a cigarette into his mouth and was told not to light it, he kept it there and chewed on it nervously for the rest of the mission, that may be all the players remember about him and that's fine, or they might mention it during, it really adds more presence to that minor character.

Also, this was the first time I participated in a day session. I must say it is a good idea, I wasn't sleepy, we could play longer and I also had a free evening.

Your day session, my very early morning session. :) It's fine, I've got no hassles with the time, but I was a little surprised when I realized I had to be up and ready to game by 4:00 am. :D

Kalan
January 3rd, 2008, 09:07
I guess I should chime in a little bit ;)

That was a very good session, indeed. It was the first time I saw Savage Worlds mechanics in action and it works fine. Due to online play, I wouldn't necessarily call it fast & furious, though. It was more like slow & fun. :P

A lot of this comes down to experience - not just with online play, but also the SW ruleset/rules in general. With a bunch of "newbs" to both in this session, it took some time to sort things out. Phil did an admirable job in presenting the scenario (especially the intro/lead in! BRILLIANT!). 12 To Midnight (the writers of the adventure) offer up some truly remarkable scenarios for Savage Worlds.

I would still like to see somebody pull off a one-shot online, it seems impossible to me, unless you drop all the dice rolling, this would have to be a narrative system perhaps.

This doth sound like a challenge to mine ears...I will have to see if my schedule allows me to respond ;)

The slowdown was experienced only once, besides that it was fine. I don't like the popping tracker, because I have a widescreen monitor and I have to realign and resize it every time it's updated. It would be great if only the contents could be updated.

We're working on improving the tracker - but a lot of that is due to the way SW handles initiative, ie: everyone is aware at all times exactly who's turn it is (as dictated by the cards). That said, we are working on improving it based on feedback from actual live play (such as this) :)

I have a couple of thoughts on this one. One thought is the allies should probably be assigned to someone to control, or each one given to a player. I'd guess we were all a little unsure as to who should really be taking control over them.

For people coming from other systems, the whole idea behind SW's Allies, and that they are player controlled takes a LOT of getting used to. So I'd not necessarily call this all a flaw - but definitely something to take with a grain of salt, especially for people coming from other systems to SW for the first time.

All in all, I had a good time, even tho I was fighting another cold from hell :S I only wish I could commit to a continuation :(

trnorris
January 3rd, 2008, 12:11
Oh, and about the NPCs.. I was just about to ask if I could pull em in to the building with me when Thing scared em all off, hehe. But like the other guys said, before that I wasn't sure who should be controlling 'em.

As far as game speed I think that would be better as the players had more experience.. also.. just getting a little "game philosophy" here.. Savage Worlds seems to me to be made for a pretty gung-ho style of play. Even though it was a "supernatural threat" style adventure I don't think it was necessary to take the Call of Cthulu mindset (ie. stay at the back of the group and run at the first sign of trouble). We were taking more time than felt necessary to figure out exactly what order we were going to stand in front of the door, etc. I say we're military dudes with guns, let's clear that room! ;)

Just an idea if we do get to do a continuation.

Also, sorry if my yelling out things that everybody (but not necessarily their characters) could see on the map was annoying. LOL

DarkStar
January 3rd, 2008, 16:50
One thought is the allies should probably be assigned to someone to control, or each one given to a player. I'd guess we were all a little unsure as to who should really be taking control over them.

Same here.

especially the intro/lead in! BRILLIANT!

Yup. The whole camera action was super. :)

This doth sound like a challenge to mine ears...I will have to see if my schedule allows me to respond ;)

I'll be waiting. ;]

Savage Worlds seems to me to be made for a pretty gung-ho style of play. Even though it was a "supernatural threat" style adventure I don't think it was necessary to take the Call of Cthulu mindset (ie. stay at the back of the group and run at the first sign of trouble). We were taking more time than felt necessary to figure out exactly what order we were going to stand in front of the door, etc. I say we're military dudes with guns, let's clear that room!

That's because we're Wild Dies and the not zombies ;) were just Extras, they are supposed to be quite easily killed or at least that's what my SWEX rulebook says. Playing Savage Worlds is like taking part in a movie, often an action movie, isn't it? But eventual bosses will be Wild Dies as well. :P

VenomousFiligree
January 4th, 2008, 19:15
Thanks for the feedback. So, when are you available for take two?

I'm good for midweek after 2100 GMT or possibly at the weekends however not this weekend and I'm away on 22 April for a long time. :(

MB

Waldo Pepper
January 4th, 2008, 20:49
If you end up with a slot that needs to be filled I am willing to jump in if we start at 2100 GMT. I'm familiar with the basic idea of the mod (I own it but haven't read it yet) so jumping in wouldn't be a problem.

DarkStar
January 4th, 2008, 21:16
If I was to play midweek, I would like the session to end at about 2230 GMT, this is because I have to get up to work in the morning, some people don't mind it, I do. ;)

Weekends would be best at day time for me, especially Sunday, my weekend evenings are usually occupied. I can play once in the evening if it suits everyone else, just not every weekend, please. Next Friday is taken, I'm playing in Waldo's campaign.

So, this weekend - Sunday is fine. Next week - any day besides Friday.

Terhial
January 5th, 2008, 00:38
Hm, next week could be a little busy. I'm trying to get a tooth pulled so hopefully that'll be sometime Tuesday. Friday I've a 4pm (GMT -8) appointment at place I go to make my dinners for the month. So I'll write out 12pm to 7pm on Friday. Sunday's are unavailable between 5pm and 10pm.

After this week, my weekdays should be wide open for a while.

trnorris
January 5th, 2008, 13:23
Unfortunately I work from 2200 - 0600 GMT (if I'm doing the time conversion right.. 4pm-12am GMT-6) on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday so as far as "midweek evenings" that rules out Wednesday. I go in to work at 0600 Friday so I would be good for Thursday most anytime in GMT except the early morning.

..time convestions across two different days makes my brain melt.

As far as the weekend I am free after 1500 GMT on Friday and Saturday. It's too soon to say on Sunday, could be a lot of things going on that I'm not sure of yet.

VenomousFiligree
January 7th, 2008, 09:13
So is this Sunday looking good with a similiar start time...?

MB

DarkStar
January 7th, 2008, 11:35
OK for me. I would prefer it if we could finish at 4PM GMT, but I can play longer if necessary, though no longer than till 6PM GMT.

Kalan
January 7th, 2008, 14:13
No dice on this end :( If I were to play/run in sometin more than once a weekend the wife will kill me...and as I'm already running Shaintar on Saturday - I can't justify it :(

trnorris
January 7th, 2008, 16:08
I can probably make early Sunday if we go ahead with that time, but I stress "probably". If I'm not there you probably shouldn't wait. Not sure exactly where I'll be at the time.. I have to go out of town on Sunday through not technically until the afternoon (my afternoon though.. so after about 5 hours of game time).

Badgers
January 7th, 2008, 21:46
Hi, sorry for not posting earlier... I thought the game went well, especially considering the number of players. That's also the longest session of FG I've done as well, so a great effort in keeping the pace going.

I can make any time on Sunday.

VenomousFiligree
January 9th, 2008, 12:08
So working back through the threads, to see if good for Sunday...

Badgers: anytime on Sunday.
trnorris: possibly
Kalan: No (probably no to any time ;) )
DarkStar: good to 1600 GMT
Terhail: no recent update, originally good until 1700 GMT -8
Waldo Pepper: good to take up slack but possibly doing something else on Sunday
nezzir: no reply

So not looking to hopeful? Any other times good for you guys?

MB

trnorris
January 10th, 2008, 04:57
I'm in (compared to everyone else I think) a weird timezone and my schedule isn't as constant as i would like.... so maybe it would be easier to just wait for other replies

All that being said here's when I can play in the next week and a half... all times GMT -6 because I'm too brain-tired to do conversion at the moment, apologies:

Thursday: none (running another game)
Friday: Theoretically open any time up to midnight
Saturday: none (running another game and working 16 hours, whee)
Sunday: available up to about noon

Next week:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 8am-3pm
Thursday: 8am-8pm
Friday: 9am-11pm
Saturday: Any time
Sunday: up in the air, but probably any time

All of that being said, if other people have a particular time that isn't on this list I MIGHT be able to make it work somehow.

DarkStar
January 11th, 2008, 10:34
I think, MB, that you should post your game to the campaign calendar, because it's possible for players to add game times themselves and vote on others. That way you will have visuals as to when would be the best time.

VenomousFiligree
January 11th, 2008, 10:48
I've never had much joy with the calendar, but I can try again! :)

Edit
OK I've added all interested parties to an existing calandar entry - Savage Worlds One Shots.

Post times you're available there

MB

nezzir
January 11th, 2008, 13:10
I had a blast playing, and the setting is very interesting, but I think I need to back out. My schedule is filling up fast. I have two FGII games going, one PnP RPG night, 2 WoW nights, and a patient, but wavering wife.

How many more sessions will this game run (estimate)?

VenomousFiligree
January 11th, 2008, 13:47
How many more sessions will this game run (estimate)?

1 I hope, 2 at the most!

MB

Terhial
January 11th, 2008, 13:57
Agh, I've been watching the posts and missed that we were being polled for Sunday. Normally I've got a hole in my availability between (GMT-8) 5:00pm - 10:00 pm, but for the next month I might be able to game during that.

DarkStar
January 11th, 2008, 20:37
MB, post some proposed game times in the calendar, OK?

VenomousFiligree
January 11th, 2008, 22:32
As usual when I try to post a session date and time, nothing gets entered... :(

I have found however that other people can, so players please post your available times.

With notice I can be available after 2000 GMT weekdays and possibly anytime weekends.

MB

DarkStar
January 12th, 2008, 10:01
Sorry, I placed some wrong entries in the calendar, I wasn't sure how to enter the times. Currently I could play tomorrow from 9 to 15 GMT or from 19 GMT during weekdays, this may change, though if I get more work.

VenomousFiligree
January 12th, 2008, 13:12
DarkStar and Terhail you've voted for a 0900 GMT start, which is a 0100 - 0400 start for those accross the Pond. Not sure thats good! :)

MB

Terhial
January 12th, 2008, 18:22
I'll vote for a lot of times that are put up. :D Just keep putting up dates.

DarkStar
January 12th, 2008, 21:09
DarkStar and Terhail you've voted for a 0900 GMT start, which is a 0100 - 0400 start for those accross the Pond. Not sure thats good!
Well, those are the hours I can play. 9AM GMT on weekends, 7PM GMT on weekdays. You asked for trouble when you decided to take American and European players in one game. :square:

VenomousFiligree
January 12th, 2008, 21:19
Well, those are the hours I can play. 9AM GMT on weekends, 7PM GMT on weekdays. You asked for trouble when you decided to take American and European players in one game. :square:

Yeah Yeah :)

OK so howabout 1900 some time next week?

MB

scytale2
January 13th, 2008, 00:09
As usual when I try to post a session date and time, nothing gets entered... :(

MB

I don't know whether this is helpful, but I eventually figured out how to put the times in the calendar and it is very unforgiving.

19.00 31st Jan 2007, will be:

31 01 07:00PM in the various boxes - I found nothing else that will work.

VenomousFiligree
January 13th, 2008, 09:47
Thanks scytale, I'll try that.

Griogre
January 14th, 2008, 00:34
I don't know whether this is helpful, but I eventually figured out how to put the times in the calendar and it is very unforgiving.

19.00 31st Jan 2007, will be:

31 01 07:00PM in the various boxes - I found nothing else that will work.
Yeah, thank you too Scytale2. I know I have managed to input time in the calendar before but lately I could not get the thing to work. The colon in the time is critical and when I write time with a 24 hour clock I am not use to that. So 13:00 works but not 1300. :p

DarkStar
January 14th, 2008, 21:39
Well, I see 4 out of 6 (there was six of us, right?) players can play on Wednesday. I also see Kalan can't play at all, so probably he shouldn't be counted... So when are we gonna finish it?

Aw... nevermind, one of the voters is GM, so I guess this means 3 out of 6.

Kalan
January 15th, 2008, 05:49
Well, I see 4 out of 6 (there was six of us, right?) players can play on Wednesday. I also see Kalan can't play at all, so probably he shouldn't be counted... So when are we gonna finish it?

Aw... nevermind, one of the voters is GM, so I guess this means 3 out of 6.

Well I can play if you wanna contribute to our "get us a bigger apartment" fund ;)

That's the main thing stopping me from playing during "normal" Euro friendly times - a one room apartment sucks a lot sometimes ;)

VenomousFiligree
January 15th, 2008, 07:18
I'm outa here for 3 months soon, so we'll go with the most votes on the days currently shown. So yes wednesday is looking good.

MB

DarkStar
January 15th, 2008, 14:01
That's the main thing stopping me from playing during "normal" Euro friendly times - a one room apartment sucks a lot sometimes ;)
Tell me about it. I'm renting an apartment in a couple of weeks and we are going for 2 rooms, because I know the problems with 1 room (been there done that). ;) Sorry, can't help you with your funds, I need my own. :P

So yes wednesday is looking good

Fine, but let me know in a few hours, if you tell me tomorrow it may be too late. I think it's fair to know at least 1 day ahead.

Kalan
January 15th, 2008, 14:03
Tell me about it. I'm renting an apartment in a couple of weeks and we are going for 2 rooms, because I know the problems with 1 room (been there done that). ;) Sorry, can't help you with your funds, I need my own. :P

We are looking for one...but until my residency permit goes through, not much we can do (that and we OWN this place...although there's a bit of a "condo" fee on it, which we'd still have to pay until it sold when we move). Come September when I head back to University, I will be able to get govn't grants to help some...so we'll see ;)

VenomousFiligree
January 15th, 2008, 16:48
Wednesday it is!

MB

trnorris
January 16th, 2008, 10:25
Guys,

I apologize but I don't see the calendar anywhere.. it looks like you were saying 1900 GMT on Wednesday? Unfortunately that is 1pm my time and I have to be ready to leave for work at 3pm so I don't think I can make it.

Have a good time and let me know how it goes! :-D

VenomousFiligree
January 17th, 2008, 16:41
trnorris: If you click on community (link at the top of the page), Calender will either be at the bottom of the Community page or at the top if you have "votes" to make.

Unfortunately with only 2 turning up yesterday, it didn't go ahead. I'm away shortly so it'll have to wait till I come back!

MB

DarkStar
January 19th, 2008, 11:06
Unfortunately with only 2 turning up yesterday, it didn't go ahead. I'm away shortly so it'll have to wait till I come back!

Sorry, I didn't know about the session until an hour before. I have too much work this week (yes, have, not had - it's Saturday and I'm working) so I didn't even check the forums. I can't play next week, either... I want to play more, because I enjoyed the session we had on 2.01, but work doesn't allow me at the moment. :(

VenomousFiligree
May 5th, 2008, 15:28
I'm now back from my time away, anyone up for continuing this?

MB