PDA

View Full Version : Are the cone dimensions in FG Spell Templates incorrect?

dpezet
January 5th, 2023, 03:57
I have the "FG Spell Templates" art pack from Smite Works. I noticed this evening that the cone dimensions appear wrong for D&D 5e. For example, the "Cone_of_cold_60'_cone_2.png" is 80 ft wide at its widest. However, the 5e Player's Handbook states "A cone's width at a given point is equal to that point's distance from the point of origin." So, a 60ft cone should never be wider than 60 feet. The built-in pointer functionality is correct, but the template image appears to be wrong. Here is a picture showing what I mean:
Is this an error in the art pack, or am I interpreting this incorrectly?

LordEntrails
January 5th, 2023, 04:14
Different games (and editions of D&D) have different definitions of "cone". Check the other cone templates in that pack and see if there is one that uses the 5E definition.

dpezet
January 5th, 2023, 13:10
Sadly, it looks like all the cones over 15' (and some of the 15' ones as well) are full 90° arcs. Is there a way to submit a feature request to get 5e compatible cones added to the pack? I love the templates and want to keep using them, but it is frustrating to have to lay down the template and then use a pointer to accurately show who is hit.

LordEntrails
January 5th, 2023, 14:47
Submit a formal technical support ticket, that should get the process moving. FG Customer Support - Jira Service Management (atlassian.net) (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals)

dpezet
January 7th, 2023, 02:03
I opened a ticket, and they referred me back here to the forums or to the feature request list on Idea Informer. So it looks like I'm dead in the water on this request. Maybe I can catch Joshua Watmough's eye in one of his live sessions.