PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Buy Some DLC

aznnoodles
January 4th, 2023, 04:48
For some reason some of the DLC says it has been removed from being purchased in Steam. For example I went to check the price of D&D Volo's Guide to Monsters and it says Notice: Fantasy Grounds - D&D Volo's Guide to Monsters is no longer available on the Steam store.

Sulimo
January 4th, 2023, 05:20
As I recall it's because Volo's specifically is superseded by I think Monsters of the Multiverse (not certain, but I think that is correct).

From what I remember of the other discussions, WotC apparently requested the older products (like Volo's) be removed from sale. If you already own them, they still work, but they can no longer be purchased.

It's the same with the FG web site store, if I search for Volo there, the first hit is Monsters of the Multiverse (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC5EMPMOTM).

Zacchaeus
January 4th, 2023, 09:07
@Sulimo is exactly correct.

Volo's Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes were replaced with Monsters of the Multiverse and so both were withdrawn from sale some time ago.

saucedom
June 23rd, 2023, 15:04
Thank you very much for answering.
maybe you can help me with another question?
In Volo's module, there were player options to play as a kenku or goliath (among others). How can I get those options?

Zacchaeus
June 23rd, 2023, 15:13
Thank you very much for answering.
maybe you can help me with another question?
In Volo's module, there were player options to play as a kenku or goliath (among others). How can I get those options?

All those options are now in Monsters of the Multiverse