PDA

View Full Version : Module Export Name not including spaces and capitalization

NuclearMonkey
January 2nd, 2023, 19:17
I'm trying to export a converted pdf to a module and the name as displayed in the library is not including the capitalization or spaces. Looking at the attached image, am I doing something wrong in setting up the export?

Zacchaeus
January 2nd, 2023, 19:40
You have a colon in the display name (which is the name that is shown in the library). Remove the colon and you should be good.

NuclearMonkey
January 2nd, 2023, 20:27
That didn’t work. I’ll mess around with different naming conventions and see if I can figure it out.

Zacchaeus
January 2nd, 2023, 20:49
You aren't opening the module in the same campaign you are exporting from right? (I don't think this would cause the issue but it's bad practice). Make sure you start a new campaign to test newly exported modules.

Also have you checked that you don't have another module by that name in your modules folder?

NuclearMonkey
January 2nd, 2023, 21:01
I’m deleting any old version of the exported module, creating a new export, reloading the campaign, and then viewing the library as in the image attached in my earlier message. I loaded the module earlier to check that everything was exported correctly, but haven’t loaded through several iterations of exports. I won’t be able to work on it for at least several hours, but I’ll try clearing everything out and starting the export from scratch when I get a chance.

NuclearMonkey
January 7th, 2023, 01:38
I've messed around with this some more and all the export fields are behaving correctly except the name field. For reasons I can't figure out, Fantasy Grounds is ignoring both spaces and capitalization regardless of what I type in that field. What ends up happening is that once the module is activated, the library displays the name in lower case with no spaces. So for example, "Sun" becomes "sun" and "Showdown at Sundown" becomes "showdownatsundown". Is there anything I can do to force the program to recognize uppercase text or spaces?

Sulimo
January 7th, 2023, 02:45
I tried this is a couple of rulesets I have access to, and am not seeing this.

https://i.imgur.com/CjzKkfbl.png
https://i.imgur.com/hWEX3gIl.png

I do not have Savage Worlds (I am guessing that's what you are using based on the screen shot), so I cannot test that.

It could be something odd with the Savage Worlds Ruleset. I know from other posters that it sometimes has quirks compared to other rulesets, just a guess though.

Trenloe
January 7th, 2023, 07:28
@NuclearMonkey - please recreate the issue and then compile your logs and upload them as an attachment here. Details on how to compile the FG logs ZIP file are available in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1242136781/How+to+Compile+Logs

Jiminimonka
January 7th, 2023, 11:34
I'm trying to export a converted pdf to a module and the name as displayed in the library is not including the capitalization or spaces. Looking at the attached image, am I doing something wrong in setting up the export?

If you are using SWEL (which you are) you don't need to use Export from the UI, SWEL has it's own module export setting.

NuclearMonkey
January 7th, 2023, 16:26
I figured out what was going on thanks to Jiminimonka. SWEL doesn't play nice with the built in exporter. After I disabled the enhanced library extension, which for some reason I convinced myself I needed loaded to create a SW module, the problem disappeared.